I test drove .......

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
An 04 F-250 CC SB 6.0 two days ago, I have some observations and questions seeing that I am still in the dark ages in my rig. Three things in particular stand out that I would like answered if possible.

• Truck has a lift kit on it w/315/75r/16's on it;
    • I could not turn the wheels at a stand still. I guess I would think I could turn from lock to lock even with 315's on it. Is there something wrong?
  • Was cold out, approx 20°F on a cold start;
    • Upon the cold start it sounded like one hole was weak, it went away soon after startup but, is this a weak injector or possibly just a weak GP in that hole?
  • Once truck was warm, it ran like a scalded dog;
    • Uhhhh, I was impressed. From a rolling start this thing would bark the 315's with no problem at all. I asked the salesman if it was chipped and he didnt know, I have a decent relationship with the guy, he lives around the corner from me and also sold me my 95 so he has no reason to screw with me. If it were chipped, whats the possibility that Ford would stand behind the remainder of the factory 100K warranty?

I'm not in any hurry to do anything foolish right now but I am starting to put out my feelers and I would like to be prepared incase the right truck comes along.

Thanks guys.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
1. I have a small lift and 315/75/16 BFG A/T's. I have no problem turning the wheel at a stand still. I have heard that other people have that same problem, but I haven't had it.

2. On a really cold night, if I don't plug mine in, it sounds kinda rough at first, but smoothes out pretty fast.

3. The only thing I have done to my truck is put on a 4 inch straight pipe and I can bark and burn those 315's to my hearts content!!!! :sly As for Ford honoring the warrenty......have the dealership check it for a chip for before you buy it....if you buy it.....and talk with them about the warrenty. Then get it in writing!!!!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
egt gauge.

From what I have been told, if it has an egt gauge and sensor, it probably has been chipped. Most owners, do not see the need for a egt gauge until they add some power goodies.
Our dealer out here, will absolutely cancel any warrentee if any power adder has been installed. They are not user friendly.
Hope you find a good one.
Good luck.
Maxtor

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I'm not in any hurry to do anything foolish right now .

Glad to hear that. You have one of the best trucks ever built, why would you even be looking at another one?:eek: Tell me this is for the wife so she can haul the garbage to the dump...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg