I Think I May Have Injector Troubles?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Sounds like either a cut injector o-ring (cut when the injector was installed 2,000 miles ago) or, an injector stuck wide open.
Either one would drain the fuel rails down, causing hard to start till the air all was purged out. The black smoke would be from a cylinder full of fuel.
Did you mean that it was also hard to turn over on start? If so, it could be from all the fuel in the cylinder (fuel does not compress).
I'd sniff the oil, and also check for over full, if the fuel leak was that bad, you'd notice the fuel smell in the oil...
Just reported in the post above yours, I do smell diesel in the oil.

How high were you running the fuel pressure (or did you have a gauge installed on the regulator)? Pressure was set at the dealership to around 55psi. fuel pressure gauge in cab and on the regulator will be installed before long.

Hope you get it figured out soon, keep us posted... ;)

Also, it seems like the fuel mileage has gone to crap the last few days (according to the lie-O-meter) if that means anything.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
If you can smell the fuel in the oil, don't even try to run it, push pull or drag it to the dealer
Did they get their injured diesel tech back yet? I hope so...

This is no good buddy :(

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
If you can smell the fuel in the oil, don't even try to run it, push pull or drag it to the dealer
Did they get their injured diesel tech back yet? I hope so...

This is no good buddy :(

He just went thru his second surgery about a 2 weeks ago, so it will be awhile before he returns to work.

Roy, give it to me straight, I'm a big boy and I can handle it.

what are the possible problems I might be facing?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well, I'd think the most likely is a cut injector o-ring. That really won't be too bad to fix, they just gotta pull the valve covers and injectors again...

let's hope and pray that is all. I will not sleep good tonight.

I have this vision running thru my head, that the engine will have to be pulled and the block replaced or something.

OK Stephen, gotta think good thoughts, good thoughts. :thumbs

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Subscribing to this one Stephen,Diesel in oil isn't a good thing,I been there bubba.

Keep us posted!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You've probably got an "O" ring letting all the fuel dump into a cylinder. Don't keep messing with it or you could bend a rod, I believe its called hydrostatic lock. That truck is too pretty to be down and out, Bama. But if the fuel is dumping into the engine oil you don't want it to run IMHO. Gotta get it to a dealer and have it diagnosed. I know too well how much it sucks to pay a flat-bed fee, but you may not have a choice. I'll keep the comment about this being a good time to have the valve covers chromed to myself. Hope its simple, keep your fingers crossed.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im curious...when you say it wouldnt do anything are you talking about
it "turning over" ? or that it turned over alot and wouldnt start ?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
You've probably got an "O" ring letting all the fuel dump into a cylinder. Don't keep messing with it or you could bend a rod, I believe its called hydrostatic lock. That truck is too pretty to be down and out, Bama. But if the fuel is dumping into the engine oil you don't want it to run IMHO. Gotta get it to a dealer and have it diagnosed. I know too well how much it sucks to pay a flat-bed fee, but you may not have a choice. I'll keep the comment about this being a good time to have the valve covers chromed to myself. Hope its simple, keep your fingers crossed.

I aint messin with it no more. Ben at the dealer told me that since it will still turn over and run, it shouldnt be hydro-locked. I only live less than a mile, so I will probably pull it there with my Dad's '84 Chevy (imagine that).

Today 09:08 AM
bushpilot im curious...when you say it wouldnt do anything are you talking about
it "turning over" ? or that it turned over alot and wouldnt start ?

It does turn over and it did start. Only when I would give it some pedal, it would die.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58