I think I murdered my truck, HELP!! PLEASE

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the same thing to my 99 in the fuse pannel under the hood there is a large green 30A fuse..cant remember where it was....but it was blown out..replaced it and she fired right up...use a test light..turn key on and test both sides of the fuses..

Last edited:

johnsonkcng

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you were right

Everyone kept saying fuses, and I swear I thought I checked that one with a light, I took it out and looked at it and it looked fine.I guess I was focused under the dash. After thinking about it over the weekend I decided to start over, using the advise I got from you guy's. Sorry I doubted you. The 30 amp under the hood was bad. This fuse doesn't look like the others, you cant tell its bad by looking at it. Does it have to be replaced with the same type or will any 30 amp maxi be ok? Thanks again for the help. Great forum.
Thanks
Ken

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Everyone kept saying fuses, and I swear I thought I checked that one with a light, I took it out and looked at it and it looked fine.I guess I was focused under the dash. After thinking about it over the weekend I decided to start over, using the advise I got from you guy's. Sorry I doubted you. The 30 amp under the hood was bad. This fuse doesn't look like the others, you cant tell its bad by looking at it. Does it have to be replaced with the same type or will any 30 amp maxi be ok? Thanks again for the help. Great forum.
Thanks
Ken

if you're asking whether to use Littlefuse or Bussman, it really doesn't matter..

but it has to be a 30A Maxi..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim