photos I would have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Man, I don't know. I thought about letting this go, bust decided to respond.

I've never been to Iraq myself. My wife is a teacher. One of her former students just returned from duty in Iraq, and says the majority of the people who live there are just like the majority of the people who live HERE. He says we all strive for the same thing...safety for our families, opportunity, and freedom.

I personally have a great Iraqi friend named Reza. He is an incredible guy who you would probably love knowing.

I think the Iraqi people probably don't suck, nor does the ground they live on. Saddam Hussein sucked, FOR A FACT!

Sometimes people just don't like what we don't know and don't understand. If you ever have the opportunity, sit down and talk to someone from Iraq, and ask him about his homeland, and about growing up there. You will probably discover that you have a lot in common.

Reaction score
Um, wow. I am almost at a loss. Well, first off it is a joke. I noticed that shot up car when I was cruising the salvage yard here on base. I thought it would make a funny photograph. And let me tell you, from the point of view of some one who is over here. I use to believe the same thing you wrote. But reality set in after a while. My job has required me to have extensive experience dealing with the local nationals and let me tell you they are not a lot like us. I doubt you will under stand this and I really do not care. Maybe if you spent two years over here you would. But, their way of life and way of thinking is so far off from us you cannot compare the two. The lack of education just makes the situation worse. The majority of the people over here has the “me first” mentality. I have seen it from the lowest levels to the highest levels of their society. They are not pulling together to get their country back in order and improve things. The “dignitaries” that I deal with really piss me off. They only know corruption and serving themselves. I can give you countless examples of what I speak of. One day I and many others that I know over here realized that maybe Saddam was not so bad. The question we ask is did he rule the way he did out of tyranny, or necessity?

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
The majority of the people over here has the “me first” mentality. I have seen it from the lowest levels to the highest levels of their society. They are not pulling together to get their country back in order and improve things. The “dignitaries” that I deal with really piss me off. They only know corruption and serving themselves.

So it is just like here!

One day I and many others that I know over here realized that maybe Saddam was not so bad. The question we ask is did he rule the way he did out of tyranny, or necessity?

Tyranny!!!

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
By the way, thanks for your service!

Reaction score
I was waiting for some one to compare the selfishness of the U.S. and Iraqi citizens. I do agree to a certain extent. However, here it is not only excepted, but expected. It is like they do not know any better. In the U.S. people know better and do not care. It is a learned trait.

And trust me; he does not seem so tyrannical when you see how these people behave. At least under Saddam's rule his military fought. Maybe not that well, but they still fought. Now, they would rather sleep and not show up for duty. I have seen it when we roll through some of their check points. They will be in the shack with their feet up asleep and their weapon out side leaning against the wall. Oh, I can go on and on about similar situations.

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
"iraq sucks" if you look at it through your TV at night, or if you are being shot at while on parade (thanks to all who are).

iraq, is a great place if you look at it through national geographic, without the political BS.

i think a lot of countries fall under the same judgement, including our own.

i think the pic is a bit funny, and it is a perfect example of FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58