idler arm

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its my alignment,because i have been playing around with the tie rods trying to get the wheels straight and the steering wheel straight,and while messin around i got it t so there isnt much of a shake anymore

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
if you tow it in more it will make the shake go away because the tires are straining the suspension in one direction. its just a band-aid for the shake. if its pushing the front end up while going forward, and pulling it down when backing (and angling the tires like a teepee) then you have too much tow in.
check those tires like hemi hunter said as well.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i finally got around to rotating my tires and that was my problem,i dont know which front tire specifically but one was a bad egg,thank god for you ford guru's around here,you guys save me time and money and headaches,now i can sleep again,god bless and amen, WOOO HOOO NO MORE DEATH WOBBLE POWERSTROKES FOR LIFE

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody got any clue how much weaker my truck will be towing with 35' tires,like for exampleif im towing 5k with stock 31' tires,if i switch to 35' tires,how much more weight would it be like adding in stock form,anybody get what im saying,how much do the bigger tires affect it?

Hemi Hunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I told you so!!!

i finally got around to rotating my tires and that was my problem,i dont know which front tire specifically but one was a bad egg,thank god for you ford guru's around here,you guys save me time and money and headaches,now i can sleep again,god bless and amen, WOOO HOOO NO MORE DEATH WOBBLE POWERSTROKES FOR LIFE

I did, I've fought that same battle several times now, and it's always the tires. Always rule out the simple, before tackeling the dificult.

Still it's a good idea to take it to the front end shop, and get it alligned to speck, since you've been playing with it. You'll be surprised how much better it will drive when alligned to speck.

CU
Steven

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
my truck has some kind of camber ball joints ,the ones you adjust or whatever.when im driving forward the front tires look fine,straight up and down,but when i back up somewhere and park it,the front tires look like there collapsing inward.why is that,any ideas

I think Big K is an expert on this subject............. :D

Tbar

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
my truck has some kind of camber ball joints ,the ones you adjust or whatever.when im driving forward the front tires look fine,straight up and down,but when i back up somewhere and park it,the front tires look like there collapsing inward.why is that,any ideas

This is normal for the F250 with a Dana 50 TTB Front Axle.

It is just how it works.

When you are backing up, you are pulling each side apart making them go up into the fender more and makes them look like that.

Nothing to worry about, just how it is ;) :sweet

One way to fix it, Swap a Dana 60 in :sweet

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno
anybody got any clue how much weaker my truck will be towing with 35' tires,like for exampleif im towing 5k with stock 31' tires,if i switch to 35' tires,how much more weight would it be like adding in stock form,anybody get what im saying,how much do the bigger tires affect it?
thanks 4 the infoon suspension,can anybody answer this question up in the quote box?

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Weaker?

Only weaker by the tire spec I would imagine, but I have pulled 10K with 38's and no problem ;)

Should have any problems with 5K ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14