IDM MOD

MPLAYER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done the IDM mod talked about back around October? I have a '95 PSD and was thinking of doing this if there are no ill affects. Also, If you do this can you still use a chip or programmer with it or would that defeat the purpose of doing the mod. Has anyone done a run on the dyno with this? What were the results?:thanks

:sweet Great forum by the way.

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
Mplayer,

Keep seeing more and more ogygunians on the forums these days, finally getting some diesel pushers out here now.

Anyway, I did the IDM mod-seemed to smooth things out a little and pep them up don't know what the true result is would have to try truck same day with and without especially now that I have some injectors(she flies now)

MPLAYER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good to hear about your injectors. I'm thinking of doing mine soon. Yah it's good to see someone from our neck of the woods on some forums.

I am thinking of doing the IDM mod but don't want to if it is going to screw things up for going to a custom burn chip in the future. I have the 10K now and thinking of going to the 5.7K. We will see how that works.

Thanks for the reply!:thanks

:burnit

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
MPLAYER said:
Has anyone done the IDM mod talked about back around October? I have a '95 PSD and was thinking of doing this if there are no ill affects. Also, If you do this can you still use a chip or programmer with it or would that defeat the purpose of doing the mod. Has anyone done a run on the dyno with this? What were the results?:thanks

:sweet Great forum by the way.

yes,,,,I did the IDM mod. yes you can still use a chip/programmer, wont hurt a thing...even a custom burn wont matter...15 minutes and 75 cents
I couldnt tell ya about the dyno results...did too much all in between times I have dyno'd, but I think the originators of the mod claimed 10-20 rwhp....seat of the pants I could tell a little better throttle response...

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ive done it.made a bit of a diffenece in the way it idles and in the throttle responce.but for some reason and i dont know why it went bad on me.but that might have been something else as i had a melted piston.havent put it back in since the new motor.but with the issues i am haveing at the moment i may try it tomorrow to see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14