Im curious about the edge performance chip settings

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i dont know if mine will bring up the codes i looked in the manual and i didnt see anything about it. if you know how to bring them up please let me know if not i guess i will have to buy one of those programmers that tells u whats wrong with it when the check engine light come one to see what the problem is. I noticed after driving agressively on the fuel milage mode or when i put the module on the extreme mode the light will appear. Its weird i thought it had something to do with the EGT since it would kick in when the EGT was over 900 for a while but in this post a guy mentioned he drives and the EGT is at like 1100. i also noticed tho that my truck has gotten alot better fuel millage since the weather has warmed up also. when it was around maybe 15 degree F the gas milage sucked but now that it is around 40 its so much better it seems.

wilpenusa

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you have made sure the wires and egt sending unit is hooked up right and no leads are broken from the module to the stock controls then you need to find out what codes are causing the light. A loose or broken lead could cause the problem. If the egt temperature probe is not installed per instructions it may not read the highest temps.
you may be able to find and auto parts place that will read the code for you. Cheaper code readers may not read them.
Good luck!

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but it sounds like a very good possibility that the "check engine" light may be comming on for an over boost sitiuation. Especially since he said it seem sto come on more so when he's driving aggressively with it on the top setting.

Reaction score
on yer main menu on yer attitude monitor there will be an option for DTC's. open that up and you'll be able to look at yer codes that are thrown and have the option to clear them. the edge does throw numbers it throws the description those are what the guys are askin for

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg