I'm going to be gone this weekend...

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case anyone give's a rat's arse, I'm going to be out of town (and probably offline) this weekend since my band is going to be HERE. It's the first year I'll be there as a participant, vs. being there as a spectator, and I am STOKED since, from all reports, it's a helluva party and the music is supposed to be pretty spectacular. The clip is a Youtube vid of the massed-bands AG performance from last year's games--thinking I'll be part of this year's show has me giddy:

Estes 2006

I got over 100 pictures, but the ones of JV's band in the parade did not turn out & only managed one picture of him in the massed-bands performance.

Was a wicked cool time & JV's hanging in there & drinking like a fish :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the Highland Games and Festival here was weekend before Labor Day... we exhibit nearly every year...

and if the fair lass inquires "is there anything worn under the kilt?" the proper response is, "no, everything works perfectly!"

Shay1032.jpg

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got over 100 pictures, but the ones of JV's band in the parade did not turn out & only managed one picture of him in the massed-bands performance.

No problem--one of our piper's brother was there and he took a bunch of pics/video that when we previewed them, looked pretty good.

ramprat said:
Was a wicked cool time & JV's hanging in there & drinking like a fish :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

It's good to hear that. If your oldest was cold on Sat, she would have been miserable yesterday since the temp dropped ~15 degrees or so, and the wind/rain combo made it a little brisk for Last Post. My fingers got stiff from the chill so it took a few notes before I was able to play well again, but as you mentioned, I had A LOT of antifreeze in me so I didn't freeze to death. The Scottish distilling industry is dancing for joy after the whisky-guzzling that went on Friday night down there--all the booze + 3 hrs. sleep made Sat. morning a little "interesting".

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was afraid that ya might be a tad "nippley" in da man skirt Sunday :tounge :tounge :tounge

The Girls had a great time & want to go back next year :sweet :sweet

Should have a UTILIKILTS : American Made Utility Kilts for Everyday Wear by next year since the wife likes em and I almost got one Sat, but the line was rather long & I did not feel like dropping trousers in the middle of a tent packed full of people :watchout :watchout :D

Need to get the rest of the pictures uploaded :doh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14