In case you had a bad day...

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I had a few service calls to do. Got the first done then headed to the next place, my biggest customer had 2 breakdowns that needed to be fixed by early this morning. Pulled in and opened the trailer door and this is what I found.
View attachment 11277
That picture actually was after I began the recovery process. The box was laying all the way over on the vise on the bench. Most of the tools on the top of the box were dumped. I have it strapped in to a rail like a semi trailer and somehow the strap unlatched off the rail... no idea how. Anyone that owns a box like this knows how HEAVY they are when loaded! So how do you stand one back up??? I was by myself in a farm yard. Of course I can't get to my tools, they are in the box... so I stabilized the situation and pulled it back to the shop. Now for the recovery...
View attachment 11278
Trouble was the wheels kept sliding toward the wall. The one wheel was hooked up on the wheel well of the trailer. One idea was to tip the trailer to the side to get gravity working for us :lmao anyhow I finally got a come along hooked on and pulled the bottom back out.
View attachment 11279
View attachment 11281
Finally, success!
View attachment 11280
Heres the damage :rant
Then I had to put everything back in place... I guess it needed a cleaning pretty bad anyways :D
Then I had to go back and work in the wind, rain, and dark till 1 am... Today is much better, of course I haven't done a lot yet :D
Now I use 2 straps ;)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek::eek: WOW !! Whata mess to clean up. Other than the drawer damage it don't look too bad though. PIA to find when you opened that door....

FWIW ? (made me think of this when I saw your pics)

I had a mobile service shop setup similar to yours.. The straps made me nervious though.. so I bolted 2 HD gate latch pins to each end of the roll-around, 1 on each end of the upper part, same on the lower. Used snap hooks to lock the latch catches. Served me well, for sevicing our equipment on real rough terrain job sites..for a number of years..:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
:eek::eek: WOW !! Whata mess to clean up. Other than the drawer damage it don't look too bad though. PIA to find when you opened that door....

FWIW ? (made me think of this when I saw your pics)

I had a mobile service shop setup similar to yours.. The straps made me nervious though.. so I bolted 2 HD gate latch pins to each end of the roll-around, 1 on each end of the upper part, same on the lower. Used snap hooks to lock the latch catches. Served me well, for sevicing our equipment on real rough terrain job sites..for a number of years..:dunno

Joe

Thanks for the idea, I was thinking of doing something similar to that. :sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Bump goes the tool box
ouch,

like big joes idea

i had a work box like that and when i would roll it to the next part of the hangar the top would open and DUMP over, it only did it once.....but man what a mess of small tools

did you get all the tools back organized

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
actually have had that happen..
moved the box out from the wall to get something that had rolled behind it, and the top drawers rolled out and dumped the box on it's face..

bent beyond use I think four drawers..

so I feel for ya, bro..

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
been there done that too. I did hvac had a little smaller rollaway in the service trailer opened side door and out falls all kinds of crap rolling down the street.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
:eek:OMG:eek: imagine if that thing got free and rolled through the back door! Yeah I know how heavy the pro boxes can be empty, let alone jam packed with pro tools. Im surprised that dosent want to just rip the wall off??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58