in line 10k mod. much better...

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i just changed the way i did my 10k mod. i used to have it jammed in the plug with a 5.6k resistor, but i put a resistor inline on the blue wire and i have found that with the 15.6k resistor i have in now, the truck blows more smoke and has more power than it did the old way. i got more power with a 15.6k than a 10k and the 5.6k, with this one inline. the old way, i got more power with lower resistance. i like this way much better and i have a lot more potential with this one than the old one. i'm going to put in the new 22k resistor and see how much it smokes. :thumbs

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10K mod is a resistor (Usually 10K ohms) placed in the ICP sensor circuit. What it does is fool the computer by returning a lower value from the ICP sensor....telling the computer to send more fuel (by increasing pressure to the injectors).

If you've got a chip, you'll see little or no difference. On stock trucks, some see little or no change, others see big improvements.

It's something that's easy enough that anyone can do, and if you don't like it, you can take it out just as easy and you're back to stock.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yup, that is what the 10k mod is. and the higher your resistor value the more power you will get out of it if you do it inline. if you jam the resistor in the plug then the lower the resistor value, the more power.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
ok, thank. Just out of curiosity, what is your guys opinion on the cheapest, but most beneficial/power gaining mod you can do to these trucks??

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, if you want mild increases, you sure can't beat the cost of this 10K mod. You should be able to get it done for under 10 bucks. Nothing else you'll try can come close to making that much power that cheaply. If you want higher gains, though, it's not really worth messing with (unless you just want to try for the fun of it)...just buy a programmer and be done with it.

If you do much experimenting with this mod (or get a chip), you REALLY need GAUGES!

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i tried out the 20k resistor yesterday, aka-2 10k resistors inline, and it worked out pretty good. it smokes more and runs a little better than the 15.6 that i was runnin before. i'm going to go to radioshack and buy some of the
22k resistors and see how well they run.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
10K mod is a resistor (Usually 10K ohms) placed in the ICP sensor circuit. What it does is fool the computer by returning a lower value from the ICP sensor....telling the computer to send more fuel (by increasing pressure to the injectors).

If a 10K mod tricks the ICP to send more fuel and shimming the FPR raises fuel pressure, how are these two mods different in how the truck performs?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14