in line 10k mod. much better...

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Shimming the FPR just helps make sure there is enough fuel available to refill the injectors after each event. The ICP mod fools the PCM so it causes more fuel to actually be injected. So the ICP really increases performance, whereas the FPR shim just keeps you from possibly losing performance due to fuel starvation...

Another less common cheap mod is the EOT mod. By adding resistance to the EOT sensor, you trick the PCM into thinking the engine is cold, so it increases length and intensity of injection, advances timing, and delays TCC engagement on automatics. I have a potentiometer on mine that I can switch in place the EOT with a relay, and can then adjust on the fly. IIRC up to about 100k ohm on 94-95 trucks. 96-97 I think is more like 15-20k total EOT resistance, but I haven't tried that personally. My truck stock in a few backroad stopwatch runs would get just over 13 seconds 0-60, and with a high EOT mod setting dropped closer to 10 seconds, with some nasty wheel hop off the line. Kinda fun, but I don't really use it much anymore. It can be used to assist cold starts with or without glow plugs too. Oddly, I found it has much less effect on performance increase and cold start improvement running B100 or WVO.

Last edited:

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i have heard that the EOT mod makes the glow plugs continue to cycle all the time b/c the PCM thinks that the engine is cold and is trying to warm it up. anyways, i have more info on the 22k resistor that i have tried out and it runs awesome!!!!!!!! pretty good amount of smoke for just having the resistor, intake, exhaust, and FPR shim. i got enough smoke to be able to see a good amount in the road behind me after i jam on it for a bit then let off. while it's not blacking out the whole road, it's still enough to pi$$ of ricers and the bicyclist who get in the way!!!!!!!:thumbs i think i might even try out a 30k resistor also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58