Question Injector Driver Module Upgrade ??????

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the IDM upgrade has never been a must do upgrade, it falls in the nice to have but far from a must do. I'm at work now but there is a link on how to do it yourself floating around on the web with detailed images and pictures.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The IDM upgrade increases the voltage leaving the IDM and no chip or tuner will do that, but as Brandon mentioned its not really all that important of a mod.

Reaction score
Okay, I read story on the IDM upgrade and I must ask. Huh??????

I am no idiot when it comes to mechanics, but I am no expert either. I simply did not understand the instructions. Maybe I am reading too much into them or maybe my lack of experience with electronic is a contributing factor. Either way, can one of you dumb it down a bit for me?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Okay, I read story on the IDM upgrade and I must ask. Huh??????

I am no idiot when it comes to mechanics, but I am no expert either. I simply did not understand the instructions. Maybe I am reading too much into them or maybe my lack of experience with electronic is a contributing factor. Either way, can one of you dumb it down a bit for me?

basically, you're changing the output voltage from 110 volts to 140 volts.
I still don't understand why one would need it, other than shave a nanosecond off the response time of the injectors...

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
A nanosecond here and a nanosecond there can add up tp a whole second when combined. :lmao

lemme rephrase that...
shave enough nanoseconds, your injectors with have the ability to operate into the future...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14