Help Needed Install New Front Crew Cab

bugs0184

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I have done a cab swap on a chevy but never a ford. My first try at this will be on the slightly abused 08 F250 Super Duty 6.4L I recently purchased to be my first ever rebuild on a Ford and on my own. Did not know how difficult a project I am getting ready to involve myself in completing. I can say that I am overall very excited about the project.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
its too new for me to help you with, but i would love to follow the build. welcome to the forum!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
a thought just popped into my head......

in an attempt to keep things efficient and costs low, i bet the swap will be very easy on this new truck. i bet it will almost bolt up. maybe move a mount or two, but i think things will fall into place rather well.

i could be way wrong though......it could be hell!

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the cabs are designed to be removed, you might be in for a surprise how easy it is to do this swap.

bugs0184

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input I am waiting for the truck to get a ride home and then I will will post some picks of my starting point

bugs0184

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
here is my starting point

So I said I would post a pic of my starting point and here it is......The passenger side has very minimal damage. The radiator is out along with the condenser but other than that she runs and drives. Anyone know of the best place to part this baby?

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shows up good under "View Photos" link on the left. Nothing a little band-aid and some wax wouldn't fix! What's the scoop? :eek: Did you buy it that way or did you do this all by yourself?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58