INSTALLING 08 MIRRORS

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pick up 08 mirrors and i got just one question... On the heated mirror how does that hook up.hot to switch or do i use a relay switch. And what typ of switch looks factory.I heard that a mustang heater switch fits in the hole i got in the dash near the cub hole.thanks Dave

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont remember when the heated mirrors came into production...03 or 04 ?
if you dont already have the wiring in the door then youll have to run
your own power to the mirrors...use a relay...and a switch.

the heated <from the factory> mirrors are on all the time...so having
a switch would be a nice addition (no water spots)

the hole in the dash is for the adjustable pedals, and its smaller
than any of the window switches ive seen.

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i got my 2008 mirrors in,I will do a write up in the next week or so with photos and the wire harness i made with the same color code and plug ends .thay are bigger and much better in every way. The convex mirror is 2" taller and does not have that 1" shadow at the end. The typ i got was manual fold and extend.but is heated mirror and power mirror. there are 7 wires ( black ground ) ( black with white stripe heated mirror ) (brown running light ) ( purple blinker/direction) and the other three are for power mirror. I just unhooked the pins from the mirror plug. And the three for the power mirror pins , I unpluged the pins from the old mirror plug and pluged in the new pins to the old plug . Hope i said that wright LOL

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
RoyBoy has added the 2008 mirrors to his 2004.

Send him a PM and I'm sure he will be glad to help you out with the wiring.

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
Very nice! Can't wait to see the writeup! I am still on the fence about going with 08's or sticking to the 03-07 mirrors to upgrade my wittle flag mirrors :(

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
My wife bought me the '08 mirrors last weekend for my birthday. I wanted them for the look, but the view is SO much better than the older tow mirrors. I bought mine form Dfuser while in Georgetown Texas for the weekend. He provided plugs and the wiring colors for replacing the plugs and wiring it all up. For those interested you can get them here. 2008 Ford Super Duty Towing Mirror Retrofit Kit for 99-2007 F250 F350 F450 Trucks

The movement of the mirror in and out will be backwards due to Ford moving the motor in the mirror head. But it is a minor inconvenience. I still need to decide on a switch for the defrost function.

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife bought me the '08 mirrors last weekend for my birthday. I wanted them for the look, but the view is SO much better than the older tow mirrors. I bought mine form Dfuser while in Georgetown Texas for the weekend. He provided plugs and the wiring colors for replacing the plugs and wiring it all up. For those interested you can get them here. Truck Performance Parts Diesel Pickup Truck Performance Parts Powerstroke Parts Buy Online

The movement of the mirror in and out will be backwards due to Ford moving the motor in the mirror head. But it is a minor inconvenience. I still need to decide on a switch for the defrost function.

well there ya go ,so much for the writeup go there for all the answers. But i didnt pay no way near the $ for new mirors and my power mirrors dont work backwards verry easy fix!!

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire 1, They look great, you got me wanting to put them on my truck.
Maybe uloadit will come back and tell us all about it.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Our 02 mirrors are getting pretty weather faded,drive thru worn,etc. I may petition the wifey to get the 08's in the spring or early summer:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58