Installing a AC unit on a round roof????

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be worth your time and money to put insulation in the trailer for cooling
and heating. There are many ways you can do this.
Doug

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
OK getting really close to picking one up. Need any and all reviews and experience with any units. I was looking at the dometic penguin II. Is it really worth it for the low profile or should I just buy the mach 3 and save the $200?????????????? Please help!

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
OK so this went really well for me. The roof really was not all that round. And the foam on the ac unit was indeed think and soaked up any imperfection. I did bring in a cheap internet price and camping world matched it and honored there weekend 10 percent sale on top of that too. They also had the penguin II in stock as well!

I put it in first and noticed there was no chance in heck it was going to keep up with the sun. So I started out with foam board on the roof and noticed a immediate improvement. Then with batting I next insulated where the round corners of the roof where it met the wall. I have actually burnt my self (there black and in the sun) climbing on and touching them in the inside. So as I worked my way down the trailer the cold followed me.

Man what a difference. Cant wait to get out of a hot race car and then the hot fire suit and into the nice cool dry trailer. :D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, glad to hear that it's all coming together. Post up some pictures of the inside
after all the work you've done on it. Did you put on a 15.000 or a 13.500?
Doug

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I went with the 13.5 purely because of the size of generator I would need to get. With the 13.5 I was able to get the $279 generator. Any generator after that shot up to around $1K quick.

I'll snag some pics next time I grab the trailer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58