Installing cab lights on X...need quick help!

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I got the five cab lights, ten nuts, and the wiring harness in the mail today, and I've got Motomans install directions printed out and ready to go. BUT, I don't know which wires on the harness to splice into which wires by the headlight switch.:dunno Help would be appreciated!

:thanks
Bruce

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Hummmm.............guess things are different from my 99.5 F250. Mine hooked up to a harness in the passengers side kick panel. :dunno

Tbar

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You should be able to use a factory harness from the lights to the toe kick panel to hook up the lights. It si a snap together affair.

Dave

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Trying to remember.............since mine had the over head console display I had to disconnect that plug, pull the wires out of it, add it to the cab light harness plug.

Then plugged it back into the plug in the passenger side kick panel plug.

Tbar

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Tbar said:
Hummmm.............guess things are different from my 99.5 F250. Mine hooked up to a harness in the passengers side kick panel. :dunno

Tbar

Yeah, the X is different from the F250/350 in that we do not have the harness under the kick panel; we've got to run the wires "backwards" so we can run them down the drivers side pillar. I just don't know what wires to tap into.

I've got the harness F81Z 17C710 BA, it's the one Bill said he used on his X. One end of the harness has five connectors on it (each with a black and brown wire running from it), spaced out to light up the five cab lights, plus one big harness smack dab in the middle, maybe for vanity lights on the visors. So basically I've got to cut the end harness off, ground the black wire to the frame and splice the brown wire into _______?:dunno

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
into brown wire on the back of the headlight switch. That would be the parking light circuit. Bryan

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
into brown wire on the back of the headlight switch. That would be the parking light circuit. Bryan

Many thanks, Bryan. I kind of figured that but wanted to ask to make sure. Color blind guys don't do well with wiring, if you know what I mean.:eek: I had my 7 year old tell me the "other" wire was brown....:roflmao

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Many thanks, Bryan. I kind of figured that but wanted to ask to make sure. Color blind guys don't do well with wiring, if you know what I mean.:eek: I had my 7 year old tell me the "other" wire was brown....:roflmao

So, you don't work in a bomb disposal unit do ya! :roflmao

Glad you brought this up, I think I want to add these to Rachel's Ex. (Just don't tell her I'm going to be drilling holes in hers like I did mine! :eek: )

Barrett

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14