Installing cab lights on X...need quick help!

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
architect-builder said:
So, you don't work in a bomb disposal unit do ya! :roflmao

Glad you brought this up, I think I want to add these to Rachel's Ex. (Just don't tell her I'm going to be drilling holes in hers like I did mine! :eek: )

Barrett

No, no bomb disposal unit for me, but I did guess right on the brown wire from the headlight switch---that's what they do in the movies, right? -popcorn

The cab lights are installed and they look great. Just had to buy $15 worth of a knock out tool at Home Depot and I was set. Installation took about 2.5 hours, but there wasn't anything hard about it, just tedious.

Barrett--I followed Motoman's install (http://www.emotoman.com/f250/lights/f250lights.htm) and it worked well. Just reversed the wiring so the harness ran down the drivers side. Also removed the big connector up top and the eight unneeded wires that went with it, then cut off the big connector on the bottom so I could splice the brown wire into the headlight switch. Too easy.

My wife flies back into town on Tuesday; I figure that between the cab lights, the MBRP exhaust, and the powerstroke badging she's bound to like one of the new mods! :thumbs

Bruce

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Right on Bruce glad to hear you gottem in:sweet Sorry I wasn't around to help out but Bryan was able to chime in about the Brown running light circuit as thats where I had to tie into due to the Excursions do not have the harness plug like the SuperDuties come with from KTP:rolleyes:

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14