Installing CB

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
Got the unit in a couple weeks ago. Joe, it is the Cobra 75WX ST. I looked at the manual and it suggested to run off the battery so I was able to thread the coax and the power/ ground through the middle of the three grommets in the firewall. The power box for the CB has no tension on it since the mic/unit cord is so long so above the floor heater output I was able to use heavy wire ties to secure it to a support (no room to drill any holes). All turned out pretty slick. Thinking of using a 3M Command Strip to attach one of the adhesive mic holders on the dash between the 4X4 selector and the HVAC controls to hang the Cobra unit. That should hold it if I use one for 7 pounds or so.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the unit in a couple weeks ago. Joe, it is the Cobra 75WX ST. I looked at the manual and it suggested to run off the battery so I was able to thread the coax and the power/ ground through the middle of the three grommets in the firewall. The power box for the CB has no tension on it since the mic/unit cord is so long so above the floor heater output I was able to use heavy wire ties to secure it to a support (no room to drill any holes). All turned out pretty slick. Thinking of using a 3M Command Strip to attach one of the adhesive mic holders on the dash between the 4X4 selector and the HVAC controls to hang the Cobra unit. That should hold it if I use one for 7 pounds or so.

;tu

Glad ya got it figured out... those 3M Command strips are handy for alota stuff. If you change yer mind... NO permanent mods were made.

Joe

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
Well, I bought a plastic mic holder and removed the adhesive and used two Command Strips to attach it between the 4X4 selector and the HVAC controls. The unit sags a bit in the holder since it's not a tight fit like a metal clip. The strips appear to hold like an anchor which is good. I'm thinking of getting a black/gray plastic or acrylic block to screw a metal clip into and then use the Command Strips to attach the block to the dash. I'll see how this one goes for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58