Intake and exhaust

Harley6.0

Harley6.0
Reaction score
I would like to put an intake and exhaust on my 06 Harley truck. but i also dont want anything to void my warranty. what are the best products out there for me? Allso I want the exhaust loud,maybe a muffler delete?

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
If I recall correctly the intakes on the 6.0s are pretty good especially the filter (Donaldson I believe). but exhaust its pretty much your choice there are a lot of good brand name kits to choose from. as for a muffler delete it wont be horribly loud but it will be significantly louder especially when you are accelerating

Late Innings

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When I asked my dealer about the exhaust voiding my waranty, he said it would. I laughed and said, so the pieces of the exhaust system that I am taking off the truck and will sit behind my shed for probably years, will no longer be covered under waranty should they fail?.... I dont recall what he said about the intake, but he DEFINITELY said to STAY AWAY from K&N....

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some have reported warranty issues for things liked dusted turbos and being blamed on the air intake..

It's up to mother Ford whether or not to cover something...
sometimes your dealer can try to help, but it's ford that makes the decision...

personally, I've stayed away from intakes, but I have done exhausts :)

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i agree with johnboy...plus i have had 3 or 4 friends of mine put intakes on their 6.0's and every one of them said that didn't see a big enough difference to justify the money spent on them...i wouldn't know personally cause i have never had one....but like johnboy said "i've done exhausts.":thumbs

Harley6.0

Harley6.0
Reaction score
Alright thanks. Now what about a turbo back exhaust? Because i know some people have trouble with changin the stock down pipe while others dont have any problems? What can i do for the loudest exhaust aswell?

Late Innings

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The down pipe can be a PITA. Dont do it alone... When we did mine, I was under the truck holding it up in place while someone else was clamping it down.. Really wasn't tough at all. The rest is a piece of cake.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The down pipe can be a PITA. Dont do it alone... When we did mine, I was under the truck holding it up in place while someone else was clamping it down.. Really wasn't tough at all. The rest is a piece of cake.

Yep...That is correct, but all in all me and myn old man did mine in the driveway in about 2 1/2 hours and just under a 12 pack...We like BEER:thumbs

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like beer too :)

SO - I dropped the truck off and my local "Exhaust and Taco" shop...
paid them $40, went and played golf and had some beers, then came back to a NICE turbo back exhaust on my old 03 Ex !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58