intake confusion

ddayhoff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey all, just wondering if anyone has any advice on aftermarket intakes. I am thinking about an afe stage 2, maybe other brands. Some of the ads I am seeing are stating like +100ft-lbs. Seems insane. Are the stock 6.0 intakes that restrictive? Can you tell a huge difference? I have a 4" MBRP exhaust, and an SCT Xcal2 installed. Any info would be appreciated.

You all have been a big help to me already, so thanks to all.
Doug

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
With the mods you have listed you really don't need a new intake. The stock intake flows plenty of air for up to about 500 HP, you might gain a little power with a new one, but I wouldn't expect much.

That being said the AFE stage 2 PG7 seems to be the best aftermarket one for the 6.0

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i have been running the afe stage 1 for just about the whole life of my truck and havent had any problems wth it. i wasnt on here much when i got it and now they all say what nick said that they flow pretty well. when i took mine off it just looked restrictive but guess that goes back to the saying you cant judge things by looks

ddayhoff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I am not planning to do wnything wild with my f250, but I will probably do some more mods as the bank account will allow. So it sounds like I can spend that money elsewhere... thanks again
Doug

got9lbs

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So you guys are saying that with a tuner and a 4" exhaust the stock intake is plenty good? If so that is sweet because those intakes are almost as much as a tuner or exhaust!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
So you guys are saying that with a tuner and a 4" exhaust the stock intake is plenty good? If so that is sweet because those intakes are almost as much as a tuner or exhaust!

definitely with the 6.0s... the stock intake moves plenty of air to support what you're looking for... if you want to do a zoodad mod that is cheap labor and it helps a little..

im sure bama will show you exactly what a zoodad is... right bama?

LowSpoolHighFuel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I believe they are new, but according to the dyno they look pretty good if that is even true. Also injen is a good intake company for boosted cars but diesel is different, and amsoil is a very reputable brand so i want to give it a shot but it is rather expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14