Intake???

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the hi flow filter element for my 08 6.4 instead of the entire intake system wich was only $ 104 cdn. instead of over $400 for the entire kit. Makes alot of sence sine the stock replacement filter is almost just as much so it pays for itself on the first air fiter change any extra flow gains + performance after that is all gravy . will let you guys know it goes

Leave the lid off the filter....you'll be pleased with the sound. Yes, you'll be sucking in some "warmer" engine air when you're not driving, but the sound is pleasant to the ears...:sweet

abitz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok Ill try it I can already hear the turbo a bit better than the stock filter.....now for the next upgrade HMMM ......any suggestions LOL

abitz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
spartan tuner

here we go I just ordered the spartan 210 tune from matt today should have it in about a week or so , lets see how she does with the upgrade :stir

abitz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
spartan 210

I installed the spartan 210 tune on the weekend and took it to the track . with 1/4 tank I got 14.48 @ 93 mph ! I entered the bracket class and won it !

Last edited:

abitz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
spartan 210 tune

does anybody know how I can monitor the tranny temp I cant seem to find it on the console . it finds 31 parameters but i dont see a tranny temp. mabey it does not have it ?

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Black06 i made my own makeshift air inlet routed to the side vent hooked a tube to the intake housing and ran in alongside the fender mounted directly behind the side vent grille i used the orignal hot air hose and the intake housin it had on the end of it that comes off the oem intake tell you the truth a little difference in sound when i mash on the pedal and let off but not much enough to make me happy tho haha

preito520

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Which intake

Hey im having trouble choosing an intake should i go for a Banks intake or a K&N inaked theres is a 50 dollar difference but what will give me better performance for my money

Thanks any help would be great:confused:

08 F250 Crew cab FX4

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
K&N is garbage. They do not filter well at all. Go with anybody but K&N. There is a sock that one can put on a K&N system that helps a bit. If it was my truck I would go with Banks.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58