Interest in a Full Trim Replacement Pillar Pod?

Would you be interested in purchasing a pod like this if it were offered?

• Yes

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Whats a pillar pod??

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
I am tired of the "cover" 3-Gauge Pillar Pod that fits OVER the trim piece. I think that a pod that completely replaces the trim piece on the pillar would be the way to go. The cover type just doesn't look very streamline in my opinion. I have search high and low and talked to many people, no one knows of such an animal. A member on another site spoke with an engineer that told him they would need proof of buyer interest as it would cost a good chunk of change to get something up and running for consumers.

I am trying to figure out if this is something others would be interested in, and if anyone knows how to go about getting something like this done...It may be tough but anything is possible right? :sweet

-Casey

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
im also tired of the covers as well.i have them in both of my trucks and both fit and look like crap.they look real bad when looking at them through the windshield

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
im also tired of the covers as well.i have them in both of my trucks and both fit and look like crap.they look real bad when looking at them through the windshield

I think that too...Looking at where they should sit flush there is a small gap no matter what...makes it look like it was designed to fit more than one application IMO. -mad

-Casey

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope this goes into production but doesn't cost consumers 500 for it. i was thinking of adding gauges and this would be the way i'd do it.

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would be nice, but the $$ end of making them with all the different applications could cost a fortune!

i have one installed in my Suburban and love it. it looks great from inside and outside.

i hope the ford one i just bought looks as nice! i think i am going to go with the dash mounted pods as well. i have to get those 6 gauges mounted some how!

any one have a pic of the Ford pillar post installed? i would like to see one......?

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
The gauge cover looks great on my truck :dunno:

I'd buy a premade gauge pillar that just clips in to avoid the drilling and what not on my stock a-pillar so that when I sell the truck, out comes the gauges and on goes to the stock pillar. Plus it'd make it easier when installing.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Casey, Contact Tates97 by PM. He has expressed interest into bring this pillar pod design into production. BTW, I'd get one. I had to remove the pod to adjust the gauges and the push pins broke. The closest replacement pins I found were from NAPA, but they really don't match.

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I never have liked the pillar pods. I have mine mounted over the am/fm radio.

untitled.jpg

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Casey, Contact Tates97 by PM. He has expressed interest into bring this pillar pod design into production. BTW, I'd get one. I had to remove the pod to adjust the gauges and the push pins broke. The closest replacement pins I found were from NAPA, but they rally don't match.

I brought this up over at TDS and tates and I spoke through PM (he is the "other" guy I was referring to at the top of this thread). So far we have yet to find somewhere that wants to make this bad boy... :dunno

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Maintain said:
The gauge cover looks great on my truck :dunno:

I'd buy a premade gauge pillar that just clips in to avoid the drilling and what not on my stock a-pillar so that when I sell the truck, out comes the gauges and on goes to the stock pillar. Plus it'd make it easier when installing.

I have never seen something like this for the OBS trucks...The SD Pillar Pods I have seen DO look better...haven't gotten up close to one so I am not sure how they are compared to the OBS pods...

Anyone know of another pod that clips on rather than you drill and use those dumb plastic "Pine Tree" deals?

-Casey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14