Help Needed interesting issue with a tony wildman chip..

ferdtucks

sean
Reaction score
have a 01 7.3 ordered a tw 3 position chip from him put it on the truck as directions said went to start up the truck for the first time and it didnt want to start so i tried a second time and it fired up took it for a drive seemed to work just okay... maybe a little bit of a gain over my evolution programmmer if any so i drove it home shut it off and i was never able to het it to fire back up at all it just cranks. called up tony and talked with him about it. the traces on my pcm were worn down to the copper(silver is suppose to show) hopeing this was the problem with a bad connection, i had the traces saudered like he said to do, put it back in the truck and it just cranks and cranks....when i take the chip out the truck starts just fine so i know the pcm is good. i am now sending it back to him he will either reburn it or send me another one...

my big question is is why did it start and run then when i just shut the truck off for a second it never restarted again even after the traces were saudered? any thoughts? i even disconnected the battery before installation with the keyes out, should i just leave the keys out with the battery connected? just never really heard of a chip burning itself up like that or breaking...

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be an electrostatic discharge killed the chip, pins on the chip got damaged or crudded up with material from the board. Could be a bad microchip on chip itself, which burned itself up.

After tony gets the chip back ask him if he has any ideas of what went wrong.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I had a connection problem on the 01 when I installed a switch chip. Don't wiggle the connector with the key on or engine running cuz I found out how easy it is to fry your computer. Hope you find your problem.

ferdtucks

sean
Reaction score
well i sent it back, he was out of the office until the 22nd of febuary so hopefully he will get on it for me.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with a ts chip. I fixed it by using rubbing alcohol on the chip, after I wiped it off I haven't had a problem since.

ferdtucks

sean
Reaction score
jesus has anyone else had a problem with getting any kind of communication from this guy? all i want to know is if he recieved my defective chip back on the 22nd of febuary 2 weeks ago! i dont have the money to be buying another 400 buck chip atleast he can do is let me know if he recieved it and its not lost so after 3 phone calls none returned and 4 emails i get a message from a guy named ben saying your chip was sent out feb 10th....... well no **** it was i sent it back on the 15th to tony like tony said to get fixed and i still have not got a single answer if he even recieved it? instead i get a message from ben saying what i can easily look up on the website.......... i dunno i expected better if any communication from someone about recieving back or fixing my $400 dollar chip that could possibly be lost in the mail because noone has told me anything..

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
jesus has anyone else had a problem with getting any kind of communication from this guy? all i want to know is if he recieved my defective chip back on the 22nd of febuary 2 weeks ago! i dont have the money to be buying another 400 buck chip atleast he can do is let me know if he recieved it and its not lost so after 3 phone calls none returned and 4 emails i get a message from a guy named ben saying your chip was sent out feb 10th....... well no **** it was i sent it back on the 15th to tony like tony said to get fixed and i still have not got a single answer if he even recieved it? instead i get a message from ben saying what i can easily look up on the website.......... i dunno i expected better if any communication from someone about recieving back or fixing my $400 dollar chip that could possibly be lost in the mail because noone has told me anything..

Well till I have read Tony has serious problems with the health of his dougther, so be patient, he will attend you.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
That apparently is the case. On one of the other forums there is a lot of discussions concerning Tony.

Apparently they took his daughter in for headaches. A subsequent MRI revealed the little girl has a large brain tumor. Employees and/or friends supposedly will be trying to meet the needs of Tony's customers while he tries to deal with this crisis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58