Reaction score
I've been thinking it's along the lines of this ever since I first saw the pics
300px-Minuteman3launch.jpg

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking it's along the lines of this ever since I first saw the pics
300px-Minuteman3launch.jpg

Actually, that's not too bad a guess, as long as you were thinking passive (i.e. no rockets) and defense.

The pic looks like a MMIII out of LF-25 or -27, north base VAFB. MMIII's aren't the only thing launched out of north base.

Last edited:

HostileWes

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So here is an idea on the weight. Or the most it could be i guess. Given the statement that is looks to be 10ft tall and 70ft long. One of the most dense things out is mercury. So i for some reason some one had a use for a big chunk of mercury. That would be 18,000,000 lbs (18 Million) rolling along. Someone say over weight?

Last edited:

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I was thinking defense, similar to what they have today at Vandenburg AFB (spelling?) in Santa Maria CA.
My Dad has been working with Boeing on them for a few years now. In fact now he's out by you in N. Alabama

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is an idea on the weight. Or the most it could be i guess. Given the statement that is looks to be 10ft tall and 70ft long. One of the most dense things out is mercury. So i for some reason some one had a use for a big chunk of mercury. That would be 18,000,000 lbs (18 Million) rolling along. Someone say over weight?

Sorry, no mercury.

Knick, PM me your dad's name; I was out at VAFB for a month or so back in '04 when we installed two of these "walrus breeding tanks" out there.

Thanks,

Al

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Combined Cycle steam generator, which takes the exhaust from a gas turbine, and uses this hot exhaust to boil water and make steam to turn a conventional steam turbine.

Tbar

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
We all know that AL knows what they are for and if we guess right,
he still ain't gonna tell us, cause if he did, HE WOULD HAVE TO KILL US.
guillotine01.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58