Interior Dash Mods (gauges, switches, etc)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this for over a year and finally putting it into play.

Still waiting on some stuff to come in, but here is a preview of things to come.

I bought a used dash bezel on ebay to replace the original which has holes all in it from the Banks Six-Gun and auxiliary switches for my lights. Plus it is scratched all to pieces.

Next I bought a lower dash panel that is used in an F650 and will be putting a new ISSPRO EV1 air pressure gauge & volt meter gauge in. Plus it will house my Sirius sat. radio receiver and 4 Carling switches for lights & air compressor. The only bad thing about this is that I loose the little cubby hole where I put my wallet. :(

Here are a few mock-up pics of the lower dash panel.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
The only bad thing about this is that I loose the little cubby hole where I put my wallet. :(

Here are a few mock-up pics of the lower dash panel.

yeah and we all know how important that little cubby hole is.... its almost a necessity lol... i would be lost without mine.....

i love the set up... makes us of a place that was just there.... the only thing i would be concered about.. is 1.... can you easily see or adjust your radio without having to look away from the road for a good while... and 2.. (now i have no clue how the air pressure gauge works im assuming its for you train horns?) is that gauge something you need to monitor quite a bit like maybe a pyro? or is it just something that lets you know how much pressure is in your tank so you know when to refill? cause again it looks like it would be hard to see some of those gauges....

all in all i love it... make sure and post picks when you get it all installed in the truck..

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I suspended my Sirius account for the time being, but I hated it being on top of the dash. I do have a remote for it, so that keeps my eyes on the road.

The air pressure gauge just lest me know when the level gets to 120 so I can trigger the air pressure switch to reload. Plus I like having the gauge, it looks cool.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
man that is COOOOOOL
never thought about the lower part of a 650 panel.
i have to get out more :D

them switches are nice and smooth

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
FedEx Home Delivery just dropped off the used dash bezel. I think it came out of an XL.

It did come out of a 2wd, no 4X4 controls. I wanted it on purpose that way because I want to relocate
the ESOF if possible.

It had the cheapo radio and dusty as all get out. All ready removed the radio, all the vents and the head light knob thingy.

Scrubbed it good with Joy & water. I think it will need a new coat of interior paint before install.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I suspended my Sirius account for the time being, but I hated it being on top of the dash. I do have a remote for it, so that keeps my eyes on the road.

The air pressure gauge just lest me know when the level gets to 120 so I can trigger the air pressure switch to reload. Plus I like having the gauge, it looks cool.

it is definitely cool!!!! i know you'll post picks when you're done.. i'll be a waitin

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Final mock-up before paint.

100_1323.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58