Interior Dash Mods (gauges, switches, etc)

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite in the same ballpark as just moving some switches around and re-wiring. Sure, lets whack a hole in the floor board, swap out a transfer case, and hook everthing back up!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'm digging up an old post here, sorry. Nice work, I have an air pressure and voltage gauge in my quad-pillar, never got the air gauge hooked up yet, but the voltage meter is quite handy.

Have you ever gotten any farther on the ESOF mod? Were you planning on moving the factory switch or using Carling rockers to do the work of the old dial switch? I've thought about doing so, but feel the Carlings might be too easily bumped when reaching across the dash. Just wondering if you ever did anything on that front yet.

Yes, sorry I never got around to posting up a pic. I just relocated it to the left a little, just under the cluster, next to the steering column.

I re-used the same ESOF switch and purchased a used dash bezel from an XL. Re-painted it and installed it a few weeks ago. Looks good to me.

dashbezel.jpg

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
that looks good stephen... cept now what are you gonna do with the empty space that you have where it sat on the old dash?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
that looks good stephen... cept not what are you gunna do with the empty space that you have where it sat on the old dash?

I am thinking of putting a SCAN gauge from Terminater Engineering there. It can keep up with about 15 diff. parameters and will show 2 of them at a time.

Today 09:47 AM
Bolt Looks sharp. Is the lever switch for your air horns? I'm sure that's been discussed before.

Yes, that lever is for the train horns.

Ten_Bucks

Chainsaw Collector.
Reaction score
Not quite in the same ballpark as just moving some switches around and re-wiring. Sure, lets whack a hole in the floor board, swap out a transfer case, and hook everthing back up!

Its not as bad as you think. There's no need to whack a hole in the floorboard. There already is a hole there but it has a plate that is bolted in place covering up the hole. All 4WD Superduty pickups have this whether they have ESOF or not. Personally, I'd rather have the manual shift tcase than ESOF.

Scott

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58