Help Needed Intermittent CEL

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Well its setting a code because I have it removed right now...do I need to have the thing installed on the truck to test the resistence? I was under the impression I could just test it with it out...am I wayyyyy off here???

Oh OK... I thought you were going to pull it because it was throwing a code..

hell.. just ohm across the thing and get a resistor..

JRJ04

Reaction score
Oh OK... I thought you were going to pull it because it was throwing a code..

hell.. just ohm across the thing and get a resistor..

so i can ohm across it without it being on the truck? When i did that it pegged out my volt meter on one setting and then didnt read on another...sorry for being such a newb with this...i dont deal with electricity a whole lot so this is a new world to me

JRJ04

Reaction score
that wire looks very similar to the wire that i removed when i removed the AIH...could I just reuse it?

JRJ04

Reaction score
haha i got to thinking last night....maybe i should try and hook the AIH back up and see if the code goes away before i go and start trying to put resistors in. BUT...then i got to lookin at it and said to myself..."man...i dont remember how that thing was on there :doh ...
looks like ive got some googleing to do!!

JRJ04

Reaction score
still got problems...

Well i went ahead and hooked the AIH back up and ive still got the CEL illuminated. When I had the codes pulled a few weeks ago, there was an IDM code (cant remember what it was) but when we cleared them it did not come back.

The truck runs and drives fine, but this darn light wont shut off. What else could I be facing here? Is the IDM going bad? I always thought you would have running issues when it goes south.

JRJ04

Reaction score
An Update

the light is still on and ive noticed that when the TC is locked up (with chip on or off) and i let off the accelerator the light will shut off...but the second i put my foot back in it it comes on. Also, it will stay off until the TC unlocks...once it unlocks the light comes back on.

Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl