Intermittent stalling 05 7.3 Australian

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK guys, I will go and take a shed load of pics and stick them up now.

It definatly is the CPS as the edge tuner picked up the code.

I went to Bryan Byrt Ford today to get one, and the thieving bastards wanted $674.00 for one....powerstrokeshop have them for $15.42, taking into account the exchange rate, expedited air freight, and the 4 I will buy as spares, I should be about $550.00 in front....

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems we are the test subjects here in the US with the 6.0. Australia did have the 7.3L for longer. Their goverment was smart enough to not allow change. Stick with something that was right to begin with. I found this link on a search that has a '05 F-250 for sale with the 7.3L down under. Hey they even kept the Falcon (if anyone remembers them, my first car was a '62 Ford Falcon Futura it had a 170 cubic inch engine with a Fordamatic 2 speed trans with vacuum wipers :cool:). Ok enough about that, here is the link. 2005 Ford f250 $69990 #66337

:blabla

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
OK guys, I will go and take a shed load of pics and stick them up now.

It definatly is the CPS as the edge tuner picked up the code.

I went to Bryan Byrt Ford today to get one, and the thieving bastards wanted $674.00 for one....powerstrokeshop have them for $15.42, taking into account the exchange rate, expedited air freight, and the 4 I will buy as spares, I should be about $550.00 in front....

Australian ganja must be some gooooood chit if it makes them ask 5000% markup.. talk about a price matrix...

hey, did that set an IPR above/below desired code as well as the CPS code?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't placed the order yet make sure you order the one for the '99+ model. Both the part number for the 94-97 and the 99+ will work but they changed the contact material in '99 so the potential for problems of corrosion with dissimilar metals exists but if they are already ordered a tube of dielectric grease will solve the problem with just a squirt in the plug.

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Australian ganja must be some gooooood chit if it makes them ask 5000% markup.. talk about a price matrix...

hey, did that set an IPR above/below desired code as well as the CPS code?

IT sure did, in actual fact, I was getting the IPR code for about 6 weeks prior to any CPS problems arising.
I do apologise for the lateness of pics, its been raining and miserable here for the past few days, and this morning looks great for me to get some pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58