Inverter generator for camper

Sandman

Superfluous Tasks
Reaction score
Lots of chatter at RV.Net Open Roads Forum about this very subject go to the "Tech" section..

Yamaha uses the same engine on the 2400 - 2800 and 3000 per this forum.. several people there claim that the 2400 will run a 13.5k a/c ...

If you are thinking of leaving the super quiet (50 something db) and looking at a quiet generator (60 something db) like the Yamaha 2800s .. look at the Champion at Cabalas.. same noise, more juice and they go on sale for $299.. and 30a RV outlet..

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I love my Champion. I can't justify the expense on the inverter generators for what I use it for.

vanguy67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought a Honda EU200i last summer for $765.00, delivered to my door. My plan was to buy another one when I had more funds and piggyback them together. To my surprise, I left the XYL at the campground one day to go fishing and when I returned the Honda was running the 13.5k Coleman A/C unit in the bus! She said it had been running it for about 4 hours and the bus was cool inside (July in Tennessee). Wife didn't know the EU2000i wasn't big enough to run the A/C by itself......:sorry

We used it like that three more times this past summer without problem. I STILL haven't bought that second generator!

Get a Honda. Money well spent!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14