Inverter

Jhnybravo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Inverter - go big!

I have an 1800 Watt Xantrex Inverter setting on the floor hump in front of the console. I plan to eventually build another console out of Starboard (marine grade plastic) to keep it up off the carpet and allow it to breath more. If you block the fans on the inverter and run decent loads, it will eventually burn it up. I oversized mine so I can run anything...skill saw, drills, you name it.

-Jhnybravo
'05 F250
(currently at the body shop being repaired from tennis ball-sized hail)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i hung mine on the unused ecm panel near the E brake pedal, a couple of large hose clamps and some rubber isolators and she was good
plus there is a big hole on the firewall right next to that spot with a big gromet

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the hump and made a stainless steel cover for it. I mounted the box to the cover and used self tapping screws to mount it to the floor. As far as uses I have found many......laptop, cell phone, christmas lights in a parade, blender to mix the ladies drinks! All kinds of stuff.

Kristifer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have mounted next to the tire jack. I rewired the on/off switch and used the Aux 4 switch to turn it on and off. Meanwhile I wired up two outlets under the center seat. One faces out the back trimmed in black and the other is used to power up cell phone chargers wired up to my center consle. Works awesome. BTW, ran 4 gauge for power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58