iPod questions

Max Power

Reaction score
I wouldn't run xp on less then 128MB ram. Depending on what size that cerleron is it might not be real good with xp either.

Let me check around and see what other options you have.

Max Power

Reaction score
Here is instructions on how to use Ipod with win ME. You will need to find someone with windows xp to set it up for the first time.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sam's has good deals on computers from time to time. I think it might be a good time to pick one up. Since I live in Alaska all the great deals from Dell and other places cost way too much in shipping. What are some good options to look for in a new system? Sounds like 128MB ram, what else?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Here is instructions on how to use Ipod with win ME. You will need to find someone with windows xp to set it up for the first time.
Where? My sister can set it for me the first time. She thinks she might want one so she wants to try it out anyway.

Max Power

Reaction score
Since you are going new you will have a hard time finding anything under 256MB ram. 512MB is probably about average now.

Processor size, pretty much anything offered now is going to be more then the average person would use. Anything over 2GHz should be fine. If I had the choice I would go with a P4 or AMD chip before a celeron. Celeron is Intels bottom of the line. A Celeron would likely work find for you.

Hard drive size - 80 gig or bigger is probably the standard now. 80 gig would be lots for most people unless you do a lot with videos.

Make sure it has NIC (Network card)

DVD writers are so cheap now you might as well get one. You can burn CDR's with them as well.

That's pretty much it unless you do a lot of gaming or somthing similar.

In my opinion you don't need to go with the latest and greatest computer any more. The sofware companies aren't keeping up and you will probably not use 1/10th of you computers capacity anyways.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Max Power said:
In my opinion you don't need to go with the latest and greatest computer any more. The sofware companies aren't keeping up and you will probably not use 1/10th of you computers capacity anyways.
Good deal :sweet I will see what they have the next time I am there.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Max Power said:
You will need to find someone with windows xp to set it up for the first time.
Well my sister set it up and loaded it with 821 songs. I still have room for about 200 more. I have made two trips up North so far and the time sure does go by faster with a few tunes. I listened to about 200 songs a trip so I won't hear the same song twice until I have made four trips. I still can't figure out how so much fits in such a small unit. The darn thing is smaller than a cell phone. For anyone needing some tunes in a remote area I would recommend an iPod. I just set mine on shuffle and hit play :sweet

One thing I did find is the music quality is awesome when played through the truck stereo via a cassette adapter but not quite as good through a FM modulator. Problem with that is most people don't have cassette players anymore. The semi I drive does have a cassette player as does our Excursion but my F350 doesn't. The FM modulator just doesn't seem to have the punch that the cassette adapter does. With the cassette adapter the music quality is just as good as a CD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64