Help Needed Is it my TW chip?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now the real problem is likely that the sensor tube that runs up from the pass exhaust manifold is plugged and/or rotted out.

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured that would be it after looking at it, (probably caused from the bio diesel flush effect), but I live in Sun Diego soooo...
I want to get a dongle or whatever they're calling it now (EBPV brake) or make my own.

Last edited:

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm still getting a stuttering occurence when I nail it, (not as bad as before) but still...
What other things could this be?
I changed the fuel filter, checked oil level good. Wondering if my HPOP is getting old or injectors clogging?
I noticed my boost pressure is alot lower since the intercooler install.

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your boost pressure should be about 1-3 psi lower depending on how much you are on the throttle, I presume that you are still monitoring boost off of the map line that is connected to the intake plenum just like it came from the factory.

I would double check your valve cover gasket connectors and UVC gaskets, odd intermittent problems are very often linked to them or the CPS headed down hill

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Brandon, I changed the CPS once already but it could be fading again. My boost pressure used to go over 20, now no more than 10 to 15.
I'm going in for the factory CPS recall Friday and if that don't fix it I'll pull the valve covers next.
p.s. doing the Sonnax kit and tranny flush w/ Amsoil this weekend !

Last edited:

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i'm staying tuned in on this one!! mine does the same thing in my tow program and sometimes in Daily program. after my IC install i'm down to 25psi of boost and before i was getting somewhere over 30psi(only have a 30psi guage) haha. Let us know what you get figured out though.

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a EBPV fooler to eliminate the sensor code but found out I need the EBPS eliminator instead/too so I'm still running with the sensor cable unplugged for now. It feels better with the new CPS and the backpresseure sensor unplugged, but it still has a little hesitation when I full-on romp on it.:( I got a weird code (P1393),not in the Ford book though it may be an IDM fault, not sure?
Do I need/Will the IDM mod help with a wildman chip or is the voltage bumped up in the program already?

I'm starting to wonder if this "stutter" could be the new boost fooler I got from Pure Diesel Performance? I replaced my homemade regulator version a while back!!??

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you do not need a boost fooler on an OBS, that is only needed on SD trucks. the programming for an OBS does not defuel during an overboost situation. yank it off and stick it in the for sale section.

IDM mod can only be done in the IDM and is not done by your wildman chip, I would suggest fixing the existing problem before changing something else.

As for the code my searches turn up that it is a glow plug error indicating that one bank is not being triggered.

DTC P1391 or P1393 will set when the monitor indicates that all four glow plugs are not being powered on that bank. An open in the glow plug circuits, glow plug relay, glow plugs or monitoring circuit could be the possible causes.

Both DTCs P1391 and P1393 together will set when the monitor indicates that all eight glow plugs are not being powered. An open in all glow plug circuits, the glow plug relay, glow plugs, fusible links or all three monitoring circuits could be the possible causes.

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I need this boost/map fooler. without it I get an overboost code + cel, but yer right, no de-fuel.
I made my own out of a cheap compressor regulator, but it kept slipping down in pressure and affecting power so I got the new pressure relief valve from "Pure Diesel Power". It's little more than the spring loaded type, (no way of telling how accurate) so I'm worried it's set too low. "Beans" has a better one that looks a lot like the one I made but better, (it has stops on the adjustment knob).
As for that p1393 code, I only got that once when I didn't let er warm up enough so I'm really hoping this isn't related.
Thanks for all your input, I''ll keep you posted when I get time to properly run it hard again.:sly

Last edited:

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I took the MAP/boost fooler off since I'm not seeing near the boost I did before the intercooler install and I got more power back, but I still get this stumble when I nail it hard. A friend had a similar prob and it turned out to be his fuel pickup screens being clogged from gelled/algae'd fuel. I first noticed the problem after using B-50 bio-diesel. How hard is it to pull the bed, cause I'm thinking about doing the pickup mod in the wiki.:stir
p.s. I put on a EBPSensor fooller to get rid of the CEL, but it threw a low BP code and CEL anyway, so... got that unplugged too until I can clean out my backpressure sensor tube,:confused:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58