Question Is the 6.0 Junk ???

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First diesel for their Light Truck line yes. But they've built many diesels for commercial/agricultural applications.. for quite some time.

BUT.. ya gota remember... It may say FORD/GM/Chrysler on the valve-cover.... but who knows who.. Really builds.. What (anymore), unless you research it.

Like Sears. They don't make anything they sell...

Wow...never knew that. ;tu

Yea....not many people sell what they make these days. Use to look at the tags of the clothes I buy (my dad got real big into "American Made")....but I almost went streaking becuase of it. Me and my dad bought out the last Levi's factory in the country back in '08. I use to go into factories and get chills when I seen all the machines left....each one represented one person...one family.

al.com: Search

mantis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow...never knew that. ;tu

Yea....not many people sell what they make these days. Use to look at the tags of the clothes I buy (my dad got real big into "American Made")....but I almost went streaking becuase of it. Me and my dad bought out the last Levi's factory in the country back in '08. I use to go into factories and get chills when I seen all the machines left....each one represented one person...one family.

al.com: Search

I know their Lawn mowers used to be made by MTD

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I think Ford started makin diesel motors in tractors since the 50's. I think the Super Major was the first diesel Ford. I will have to ask my dad since hes worked at a Ford tractor dealership since 1967. Ford knows how to make stuff, atleast back then they did. Thank Ford and Ferguson for the 3pt hitch system hehe. Sears mowers are made by AYP. American Yard Products. They are cheap but ok. The Old sears mowers are the ones to have. Collectors items now and make good pullin tractors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58