Is this injectors or something else?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another thing to look at its when was the last time the oil was changed? these engines dont like thick gummy oil, they need nice clean oil to operate the injectors properly, just something to think about

What he said.. about clean oil. The proper wieght of oil is important too.

Update--- I haven't ran truck since Friday afternoon. Got in today to run to the shop, took about 5 mins to get it going, outside temp is 80 or so. When I tried cranking, every other time I turned the key it acted like it wanted to start and then every other time it would just spin and never try to turn over. My plan is to change glow plugs, Valve cover gaskets and plugs, and change CPS while Im at it. Should I do the orings on the injectors while Im in there or am I probably going to be good to go? thanks in advance

How many miles on this 7.3, and what wieght of oil are you using :dunno. Kinda sounds like the HPOP pressure needs to be checked too.

You need a minimum of 500 psi HPOP pressure to "pop" the injectors.. to Start these PSD's.

Again.. a SCAN will tell you alot about what's going on..... Or Not going on.

Joe

Last edited:

dcathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got an oil change today, I was a little over, 15w40 oil. Ill post back after I start in morning to see if it has helped any. Prior to getting the oil changed, the truck had one instance if a hitch while running about 50 mph, about 5 mins later when pulling up to red light it cut out on me and it took a few times to get it started. While cranking it it gave no smoke and just spun. On about the 5th start it just decided to crank. Don't know if that helps the diagnosis or not.

dcathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fired up much better, small puff of white smoke. Still had the vibration when shifting into the higher gears but quit once it was warm. Had to come home from work, stomach bug so didn't drive it a ton. Will report back tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14