It never rains in California in May

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
What an unusual and unseasonal downpour we're having. It never rains in California in May. Well that's what "they" say but obviously they're wrong. Not enough to make a difference with our drought but definitely enough to put a damper on the next few days.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What an unusual and unseasonal downpour we're having. It never rains in California in May. Well that's what "they" say but obviously they're wrong. Not enough to make a difference with our drought but definitely enough to put a damper on the next few days.

I hear ya. Nice steady light rain here.. just enough to mix up the dust and turn it into a paste, to wipe out anything clean. Riverdale Rodeo Parade tomorrow AM.. that's Iffy now.. BUT.. It's better than nothing I guess. Won't fix any water/drought issues down here either.

Unusual, to say the least.

Joe

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I can vividly remember getting rained out on our yearly Memorial weekend camping trip to the foothills every year as a kid. What was to be a fun filled weekend of fishing and campfires usually turned into a marathon Yahtzee-fest in the cab over camper on dads 71 F-250.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, 10 pm and this has turned out to be a purdy good rain event. Started about 4 Pm and has'nt let up yet. So far .12" per hr, and still coming down in a good soaking rain, no run off to the Ponding Basins.. yet ;tu

Hellofa wreck at the "Merge" area of an On Ramp.. a Ricer and 2 pick-ups, I'd betcha money it was cuz someone Merged @ 25 mph, in the rain, onto a 65 mph Freeway.. where folks were doing 70 mph IN THE RAIN... Peopole don't know how the "Merge" anymore.. Dontchaknow. Or... slow down in a fresh rain the makes the Road Surface like Greased Snot.

Joe

(Stroker ? where did you live when you were here in Caly ?)

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
(Stroker ? where did you live when you were here in Caly ?)

Not too far north of you. Some of our favorite hangouts were near Angels Camp, Sonora, San Andreas and Jackson. Spent a lot of time at Dillon Beach and Bodega Bay also.

I was born and raised in Lodi.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too far north of you. Some of our favorite hangouts were near Angels Camp, Sonora, San Andreas and Jackson. Spent a lot of time at Dillon Beach and Bodega Bay also.

I was born and raised in Lodi.

Nice country up there. We're planning a week long RV club outing at "The 49r Ranch" RV park in the Columbia area. Close to yer 'ol stomp'n grounds.

IAW yer Memorial Day memories ? In >June< of 98, at Shaver Lake.. We had Lightning & Thunder, Hail, Rain, Sleet, Snow and Killer Winds.. all in 1 day :eek: The Sierra weather can be purdy crazy, fer shur.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Day three looks like a soaking to me. This is turning into what we normally get in the winter...days of soaking rain.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day three looks like a soaking to me. This is turning into what we normally get in the winter...days of soaking rain.

Quit yesterday AM. .32 though, good soaking rain that rinced off the blowing dust we've had. I had just put down some Weed'n Feed so.. It worked for me;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg