It never rains in California in May

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
IAW yer Memorial Day memories ? In >June< of 98, at Shaver Lake.. We had Lightning & Thunder, Hail, Rain, Sleet, Snow and Killer Winds.. all in 1 day :eek: The Sierra weather can be purdy crazy, fer shur.

I left Ca in Dec 98 so I lived there through the crazy El Niño years. I remember getting 30 to 40 inches of rain each winter and how the hydrologists said it would take years to come back from the drought we were in and shortly after that statement was made the flood gates were blown off the top of Folsom, New Melones on the Stanislaus, Pardee and Camanche on the Mokelumne, New Hogan on the Calaveras were all at or above flood stage, (not to mention what went on further north at Shasta, Oroville etc etc) and the Sacremento/San Joaqine Delta was left a mess. It was definetly an awe inspiring show of what Mother Nature has up her sleeves when she gets a little bit snitty.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh Yes, the El Nino years, I remember them well.

They'll come again. The "Weather" works in cycles, with Mother Nature having the hammer, as to .. when.

Lota changes since you left, nowadays we're in a "Drought" when they Say we're in a "Drought". I'm sure you've seen it in the News but.. This year, they Say we're in a "Drought" because of the low Sierra Snow Pack.. but it's commonly known by most: The Fish Fondle-rs think they need to save the Delta Smelt, and some other Bug type critters. Tens of Thousands out of work and on the Programs. Let alone the current Economic Situation.

Hmmm.. we're going to Shaver Lake for our yearly Fish'n trip, 1st week in June.. this AM Shaver is 79% full.... Hmmm... Shaver has never been that full.. in May.. Hmmm :confused::dunno

Water.. is 85% Politics & EPA here, anymore :lmao:lmao

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I just got home from the Napa Valley, and it rained all day and night yesterday. Pretty good storm for a nothing storm. This one has beat the politics and the EPA(?).

Dave

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Ahhh Yes, the El Nino years, I remember them well.

Winter '97-'98 was the wettest I can remember. I still have my knee-high rubber boots to wade through the mud. :D Wasn't here in the 80's but the mid-70's were definitely drought years. I remember them well. That's when they coined the phrase "If it's yellow let it mellow...if it's brown flush it down". Ah, the good ol' days. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14