Japan Earthquake and Tsunami......

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have just talked to friends who live down in San Luis Obispo and they are expecting a wave of about one foot in height. Highway 92 from Half Moon Bay to the inland side of the Peninsula is a parking lot of people trying to get out of there. My guess is it won't be much, but who really knows?

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been following what is going on with this tsunami, and Santa Cruz, close to where I liked, had some boats and docks smashed. Crescent City, north of me by two hours, had 7 foot swells and damage. Morro Bay, south of me about 8 hours by F-350, suffered 6 foot swells and some damage to boats and docks. I have not heard of any injuries or deaths. The SF Bay Area had one foot swells, so nothing out of the ordinary.

Dave

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope You West Coast Guys Are Ok

It's amazing how the tsunami can travel so far in such a short time. I just hope that none of you who live near the West Coast have suffered any damages. I heard that the quake is the worst one to hit Japan in 1200 years.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It was the fifth biggest quake ever recorded! I am surprised that there are not more people dead in Japan. I just hope the nuclear power plants get shut down without releasing any radiation.

Dave

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
They just said on the news that the earthquake moved the entire island of Japan a full 8 FEET to the east!!!

That is a huge amount of earth movement to happen all at once.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I heard that section of the island was something like 30 miles by 120 miles, or 3600 Square Miles in size!

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Totally amazing what mother nature can unleash. Watchin all the video streaming in is crazy. Almost looks like somethin from a movie. I'd say the tsunami is worse than the earthquake so far but man if that nuclear plant melts down that will really hurt. Lets hope and pray for all those people over there. Also amazing how big that wave is by the time it hit cali. Still did tons of damage here and only 6ft high! New Madrid fault is overdue for a big one! I'd be feelin that one here! Lets not forget Yellowstone! :hail. Is it 2012 yet???

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I was watching on and off today and Japan got destroyed! There was alot of video footage of the Tsunami as it came in and destroyed everything. I heard that the west coast got some action from the wave but I have not seen ANY video as the water came in. I saw a couple of videos of the aftermath in Cali but NOTHING as it was coming in. Did NOBODY have a camera as it happened??? If someone else has seen any footage as it was actually happening post a link. Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have not seen any video since noon, pst. I know there were video cameras set all up and down the state to catch this tsunami. We will see them tomorrow.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14