Jiffy Lube

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
:eek:
Walmart
Got to add a good smelly bit
After i moved up her to lovely North Alabama, waiting to find a house.
I was in a bind and way behind on an oil Change,
I called around to check prices, Wally world could do it for 65 and some change,
I made sure they understood it was a real truck with a 7.3 Liter,
I drove in they took my name and keys,
I asked for a Motorcraft filter and Rotella Please.

20 minutes go by, I see a dirty greasey
oil change guy running all around grabbing quarts of Rotella and my new shiny Motocraft filter for my big 7.3 liter

As i sit there i reminded myself i had left it in the 65 HP mode,
just then i heard my baby fire to life,

I jumped to my feet as i saw the greasy dude, gently spin all four tires
leaving the bay, rocketing around the sharp U-turn to park my trusty stead.

In amongst my laughs and irratted posture I scolded young manager on safe driving and how i like my tires.

I got a 30 dollar discount for said exhibition of acceleration

as I aproach my truck i stop and check that the filter is in fact attached,
I opened the door and got a shot in the head from the foulest odor i have ever encountered with B.O. I almost threw up.

I went back inside and asked the manager what scent they had sprayed inmy truck? A look of :dunno , was greeted by me with "lets take a walk"
he opeed the door and i thought he would friggin die.:eek:

after many apologies and a few gallons of febreeze it was tolerable to enter

WOW what a stinky young man:eek:

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
here's another one, my mother just recently purchased a used 2002 Lexus SC430 and you know how buying used cars are, you're gonna have some problems

So the car comes with run-flat tires with sensors that tell you when you're running low air pressure. So the light keeps on coming up for low air pressure and i kept on filling her tires up with air. She goes to this more local place called Griffin Brothers and they change her tires for $1700!!! (they are expensive but i was pissed about that). So we let it fly and kept on rollin. Next day sure as sh*t she was gettin the low air pressure light again. She brought it in and they said her sensors were screwed and they needed to get new ones. $300 installed, now we're getting angry. Within the next week, the effin light comes on again, she brings it in and they take off the tires and they say that her rim is cracked...just a little cracked but enough to let air out of the tire, and it's not safe to drive it. They say that she must have hit a pothole or something but let me tell you gentlemen, these are aluminum rims, it takes a hell of a hit to crack these babies. Not to mention we live in an area where the streets are nicely paved, no potholes, and she hardly travels anywhere, she just wanted a, nice, cute, fun car. So then I went in there and talked to the manager and was really pissed about what had happened. I told him to look at the streets and tell me where one pothole was in our whole county. He said she must've traveled somewhere and not have been paying attention. So I "talked" him into getting us the rim that we "needed" so badly for free, after all the other times that son of a gun ripped us off.

The End

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The story goes on.... I popped the hood last night to check the oil and what do you know it is about a quart overfull. Not only are they trying to rip people off they are totally incompetent. I suppose they charged me for an extra quart too.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Crumm said:
The story goes on.... I popped the hood last night to check the oil and what do you know it is about a quart overfull. Not only are they trying to rip people off they are totally incompetent. I suppose they charged me for an extra quart too.

I am sure they did! -mad -mad -mad

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The plot thickens.. Seems as though while I was out of town Jiffy Lube called(1-800 number on caller id)and asked for me. Wife informed them I was not home and they said they would try back later. You suppose they are looking for a dissatisfied customer in Fairbanks Alaska that got a Explorer serviced on 11-21-05 and is badmouthing them on the Internet? If they are they called the right guy, I hope they call back..... I will inform them of what a crooked outfit the one I went to is.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Many years ago I was a delivery driver, I had always had the the company truck serviced at a local shop. Well we got a new boss and one of his things to "save money" was to make me change to having the truck serviced at JL. I was not happy but what can ya do. I stopped in the middle of my route and got the oil changed for the first time at JL, at my next stop I come back out to the truck and smoke is pouring out from under the hood and fenders. I Pop the hood and there laying one of the exhaust manifolds is a oil soaked rag on fire. Pulled a big thermos cup of coke out of the truck and poured it on there to put the fire out (burnt Dr Pepper smells almost as bad as burnt oil). It had melted a plug wire and some insulation along with a couple vacume lines. Called my new boss and said his "money saving" idea of going to JL just cost a tow and repairs done by the shop that used to service the truck. He called JL and then told me they were giving us 4 free oil changes to cover it. :eek: Lucky for me somthing came along and I was able to move on to another job before the next oil change.
Another oil change story. In 96 I bought a brand new Toyota T100 extra cab 4x4 with the then new 3.4 DOHC and 5spd manual and the first years service was free. Right after the second oil change I came out and there was a puddle of oil dripping out of the front skid plate. I climbed underneath and laying on the skid plate was the OLD oil filter that the tech layed there and forgot so eventually it fell over and poured all the oil out of it into the skid plate to blow and drip all over the place. I drove back to the dealer and they apologized cleaned the bottom of the truck up and gave me a free detailing.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
One of the shops here went even further. They were putting the oil they drained out of peoples engines into other peoples engines. A customer got suspicious cause his oil still looked black. They did a sting operation and caught them at it.:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58