&%@#+ Jury Duty!!!!!!!!!!!

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no selfishness involved. My reasons are concerned with trying to get out of a bad situation and back into the workforce, with earning an income in a decent occupation and how my efforts are being torpedoed.

I agree....someone's misfortune should not cause the same to others if at all possible. I would hope that there is enough people on the ballot that one could take your place TG.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the "civic duty" thing. I've heard that before.

But compelling a person to perform jury duty should not cause severe hardship. In my case, the possible hardships that may result are substantial. I have been out of work for two years now and in school to train for a new profession for over a year now. I'm doing the right thing and am on track to get myself out of a bad situation.

A trial which keeps me out of school for a lengthy period may cause me to fail classes. The cutoff date for refunds of tuition is past. The classes are only held once a year. So I would be delayed at least a year in completing my training, getting my license and getting a job as an A & P mechanic. Then add how much I could have earned that lost year as an A & P mechanic.

The financial pressures and mental stress of how this jury duty could derail my training should automatically excuse me.

There is no selfishness involved. My reasons are concerned with trying to get out of a bad situation and back into the workforce, with earning an income in a decent occupation and how my efforts are being torpedoed.

Exactly ! well put ! this is not you being selfish ,,

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the "civic duty"
In my case, the possible hardships that may result are substantial. I have been out of work for two years now and in school to train for a new profession for over a year now. I'm doing the right thing and am on track to get myself out of a bad situation.

A trial which keeps me out of school for a lengthy period may cause me to fail classes. The cutoff date for refunds of tuition is past. The classes are only held once a year. So I would be delayed at least a year in completing my training, getting my license and getting a job as an A & P mechanic.

The financial pressures and mental stress of how this jury duty could derail my training should automatically excuse me.

This is what you need to send word for word to the courts.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
kent- you are not hearing what i am saying.

if you were subpoena as a witness to a trial, would you have the same concerns? i'd think not, especially if it was a court case involving a family member. that is the double standard.

you should take this to the dean or ombudsman at your school, and to the jury coordinator/jury board of your county, not to the class instructor. you are not the first or only one who has extenuating circumstances. you might be surprised how many challenging issues that the school administration has had to deal with. you think that the jury coordinator hasn't heard from the school ever before when a student gets called for duty during finals week?

by your own admission, at the very least, you have to make up your certified class time. yeah well, join the club. that is what most of us have to do when we get called for jury duty. we have to work overtime to make up for the hours of lost pay when we get called. all the law protects you from is loosing your job having to serve.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The judge has a boss. The boss can over rule him. To me it seems simple enough to accomplish. Or, screw 'em risk a fine for contempt and go to school.
I have found that if you are a little older, they are less likely to care about you giong to school. I had that happen when I was in school. A kid and I were both students. The kid got dismissed because he would miss his art classes, but I was a business major, and was not dismissed. Stupid, and within 3 minutes of each other. That is called being capricious.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The ladies in the clerk's office bumped me back on the schedule. So I didn't get excused, more like postponed. The judge refused to excuse me, in spite of the serious financial and acadamic hardship it would cause during the school year. Hopefully when my name comes up again, it won't be until I'm done with my courses.

As it happens, the judge's name was on the ballot for re-election last Tuesday. He was running unopposed which was too bad. I would have voted for Mickey Mouse had he been running against the judge. The guy is an idiot, I've lost track of the number of his decisions overturned on appeal.

On edit: Now that I think of it, I could have done a write-in vote for him.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58