Just buried my best friend

Fine69

Reaction score
Lost my best friend today, my Black Lab, Jake. He was 1 week shy of 14 years old. Cancer got him. He's been through everything with me, even 2 Wives. I'm gonna miss him alot!

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
Sorry about losing your best friend. I wish you comfort while dealing with the loss. Man, I remember when I lost my lab that I grew up with. Got him when I was 13 and he too lasted 14 years. Great dogs and super loyal friends.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TUFF, HARD Times Bob. I (we) know your pain.

Let It Loose, Hang in, Be Strong, give it some Time.

14 years was a Good, Long, Plentiful Life for him to be with you.. and You with Him.

Lab's are Specail.. Another will come along.. and fill the Space in Life, he left.

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your loss Bob. Dear friends are hard to let go of. I had a few go their way.

Dave

Fine69

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, all the thoughts mean a lot. Its amazing how attatched you can be to a ball of hair! I know everybody says this, but he really was a special dog. My 18 month old Daughter just got home from Daycare, and she's looking all over the house for him. Breaks my Heart!

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you loss. We just went through the same thing. Got another one after a few months. You'll find another to grow with your daughter.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
It saddens me to know someone is experiencing the loss and grief that I once faced myself, and will inevitably someday face a second time.

My best friend at this moment is snuggling with me in my recliner. She is laying on the footstool between my legs, happy knowing her daddy is home from work.

I know the day I loose her, I will become an inconsolable wreck.

My condolences.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58