Just got an an '06 .....

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MANY he is a well known and sucessful buisnessman.

If you'd like to debate this with him,e-mail me and i will give u his phone number.

sounds like you have all the resources youll need...dont know why
youd bother to ask any questions here :rolleyes:

if hes got 40yrs of experiance <HANDS ON> and so much experiance
w/ the 6.0L invite 'em here.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
sounds like you have all the resources youll need...dont know why
youd bother to ask any questions here :rolleyes:

if hes got 40yrs of experiance <HANDS ON> and so much experiance
w/ the 6.0L invite 'em here.

He probly never seen a keyboard. I gather peoples opinions and decide what Id like to do just like they do here . Im here to share info I gather and you are :dizzy more than welcome to put a SPIN on it.
Thanx bush

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
He probly never seen a keyboard.

I hate to be picky, but how can a certified, up to date technician not have seen a keyboard? The good technicians I know needed to learn computers and all the associated technology... just didn't add up to me...so see if he wants to come on, techs are welcome here... BTW, welcome to SDD! :D

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
I hate to be picky, but how can a certified, up to date technician not have seen a keyboard? The good technicians I know needed to learn computers and all the associated technology... just didn't add up to me...so see if he wants to come on, techs are welcome here... BTW, welcome to SDD! :D

He is old school , the grunts wrench , he advises and Im sure knows what the hecks gone on there . Im not making up tales here son. Im relaying what iv been told to me . Everyone is entitled to an opinion ,

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Just spoke with my cousin, he has been a diesel mechanic for over 40 years.

Said I should have got to him b-4 I purchased this truck cause of the notorious fact of injector problems and dealer loopholes.

He also said the 6.0 is the worst motor ford put out to date.

He said he'll comb it w/ a fine brush , change out all filters and use a real supreme motor oil. Needs to be changed every 3000.

Went to a job 75 highway miles north today , ran great, looks like I'm eyeballing between 11-14 m.p.g. though.

NEED mo mpg , can it happen?

There is nothing wrong with the 6.0 that you wont find similar or other problems under the hood of the other two manufacturers either. The first few months production in 03 were rough. Alot of 7.3L owners converted over to being 6.0 owners and brought thier learned habits from the 7.3 to the 6.0 and the 6.0 did not like them (the habits or the owners). As such the 6.0 got a bad rap. Ford did what Ford had to do and that was to start denying warranty claims based upon owners modifying the truck from stock. The 7.3 was a very forgiving motor in that respect, the early 6.0 was not.

Whether you decide to keep or sell you 6.0 based upon your cousins opinions is up to you, but I think you are prematurely getting cold feet. We have several members with 200,000 and over 300,000 HARD miles on thier 6.0L's with few or no problems that you wouldnt expect out of any rig. We also have had some that buy it, mod it, break it and sell it in less than 30,000.

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said Im happy with my powerstroke, the only warranty work done on my truck was a rear abs sensor was replaced.

Unlike my Friend who got his '06 4x4 Dodge Laramie Quad Cab Cummins that (he purchased around the same time as mine) has went through injectors and and a tranny under warranty with 25k on his truck. I still give him crap all the time about it:D

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
He probly never seen a keyboard. I gather peoples opinions and decide what Id like to do just like they do here . Im here to share info I gather and you are :dizzy more than welcome to put a SPIN on it.
Thanx bush

Well, no offence, but the 6.0 isn't an old school Detroit or Corn Binder DT466. Not at all. You might get more valuable knowledge from these boards as far as your modern 6 litre. Mine is well north of 200k and not babied. Welcome and good luck with your truck.

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, no offence, but the 6.0 isn't an old school Detroit or Corn Binder DT466. Not at all. You might get more valuable knowledge from these boards as far as your modern 6 litre. Mine is well north of 200k and not babied. Welcome and good luck with your truck.
:jacked sorry but talking about new motors have you driven the new Detroit DD15's talk about a redesign instant 50 hp.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score

its not a onre man show . topic worn .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58