photos Just my opinion on the 4r100

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i helped someone rebuild a Allison 1000 from his Duramax one time. Everyone made this transmission seem like its the most complicated and to never take it apart. Its just as easy or even easier than the 4r100. The 5r100 is just as easy if you have never taken one of those apart. And yes i love the 4l60e those are classics and most of the time dont need too much. Have you ever worked on a E40? The worst transmission i ever worked on was a Chrysler/Mercedes Benz NAG1. It goes behind the HEMIS in the Charger/Magnum i think. that one was a bitch lol.

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chrysler NO never did one of them, but my friend of 30 years that taught me transmissions (He’s sorry he did know LOL) he pulled one out of one of those freightliners vans can you believe that! Well he had to pull down the valve body 3 times because of problems, then he got a video on it and that valve body has all kinds of factory problems. He tolled me on that Trans the shifter is part of the module and if a drink is spilled on the shifter the Trans gets all messed up. I well pass on that one.

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see other people posting about their transmission endeavors.

I have to say that my E4OD was the first I had ever done and I would be willing to do another.

As far as pieces and parts, it all depends on where you are headed power wise, there is no reason for billet shafts, drums & supports for 99%. you just need good quality frictions and steels and the factory upgrades and a good valve body.

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree. Most of the time just upgraded friction materials will be fine. Unless you are sled pulling or drag racing or have a LOT of horsepower. I think the stock input shafts are rated to 500 or so hp. Not positive on that tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14