Just pondering an idea

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I can get about 29gallons if I want to stand there for 10 minutes try to get every bit in there. If you do that tank mod I heard you can get like 5 more gallons in it? Next on my list to do.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what I need to know is, how many gallons do ya'll use in your formula to figure up fuel milage. Thanks

My opinion? You need to start with the same amount of fuel each time (e.g. "full") and drive a reasonable distance (10s if not 100s of miles) and refill to that same amount. So you need to know how much fuel added and how many miles driven. Devil is in the details.:D I always use full tank to start, as in: go to one pump, fill it as full as I can, set the gps or the odometer, come back an hour or day or week later, and repeat. The only way I know to do this is by doing it several times and getting an average. Maybe somebody's got a better way here on this forum. Oh, and the GPS just gives you more accurate miles traveled than some odometers might. The more fuel you burn in the process, the less difference the variation in filling the tank will make.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion? You need to start with the same amount of fuel each time (e.g. "full") and drive a reasonable distance (10s if not 100s of miles) and refill to that same amount. So you need to know how much fuel added and how many miles driven. Devil is in the details.:D I always use full tank to start, as in: go to one pump, fill it as full as I can, set the gps or the odometer, come back an hour or day or week later, and repeat. The only way I know to do this is by doing it several times and getting an average. Maybe somebody's got a better way here on this forum. Oh, and the GPS just gives you more accurate miles traveled than some odometers might. The more fuel you burn in the process, the less difference the variation in filling the tank will make.

X2.

I use my GPS for miles driven. Seems my odometer is short, in comparison to the GPS.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This kid i know was stacking chips on his Cummin's and annihilated the tranny. Stick with one decent tuner

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This kid i know was stacking chips on his Cummin's and annihilated the tranny. Stick with one decent tuner

I'm not trying to stack chips. I was trying to make it to where I have 6 more tunes to choose from. Unless I'm mistaken, you can't stack chip's on a powerstroke....at one time on the pcm.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I've heard of doin it but dont think its good to do. Just get that F5 chip. Yea its expensive but you'd have more tunes than you can do with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58