Just saw my first 2008 in person

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Alexander Ford in Boaz, AL had a black lariat F450 FX4 sittin on the front row today. SO, of course i stopped to look at it.

the first thing i noticed right off the bat, was that UGLY dual exhaust tip. stands out way too much, i dont like it.

popped the hood, cramped aint the word for it. no room to work on that 6.4.
i did notice that the boost tube connecting to the top of the IC on the pass. side, was pinched down from 3" or so to a flat 1.5", so it could pass thru from the front header support, looked very restrictive to me.

the down pipe looked to be huge, probably a 4".

the sticker on this truck was 55,245.00. it did not have NAV or entertainment packages, so basically it was just a plain jane lariat.

the coolest thing on the whole truck to me, was the power folding/telescoping tow mirrors. pull back on the power knob, and they automatically fold back, (no holding the button back, works like a one-touch button) and to make them fold back out, do the same thing again.

the telescopic part you have to keep the switch pressed, to allow how far out or in you want them to be.

if this feature will work on my truck, i see a new MOD in the very near future.

the big 19.5 rubber looks awesome on the F450, it makes it have a great tuff lookin stance.

gonna go back and take some pics.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
the coolest thing on the whole truck to me, was the power folding/telescoping tow mirrors.

Well for 55.2K I'd expect more than cool tow mirrors and a cramped engine compartment. :rolleyes: I noticed a white '08 F-350 CC King Ranch today at my local dealership sitting right in front staring right atcha. I kept driving...it wasn't converted! :D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Bama always prowling the Ford truck lots:D

I'll be looking out for the pics later:sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
what bugs me is the WIDE price swings from bama to dallas to east texas to oklahoma for the 450 kr and lariats
a 450 kr for 55 is a god deal no it seems
and the 350 dually they have here is only 46 and its a crew cab baby xlt

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well for 55.2K I'd expect more than cool tow mirrors and a cramped engine compartment. :rolleyes: I noticed a white '08 F-350 CC King Ranch today at my local dealership sitting right in front staring right atcha. I kept driving...it wasn't converted! :D

its all basically leather, of course a new dash and all that, stuff we have seen already.

i did like the front end look of the new hood and bumper, which BTW is a step bumper, so no more scratches on top of the bumper when you need to step up on it to look.

this truck did not have the step in the tailgate.

when i went back to take some pics, a salesman came out and of course tried to "put me in it"

he was gonna hook me up, i did get a huge new broshure for the 2008's. very cool stuff inside.

here are some pics i took of the F450. BTW, when i went back, it was locked up, so i didnt get any pics of the engine compartment, or the interior. but we've all seen that stuff anyways.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the grille is painted the same color as the body, the '08 front end looks pretty damn good, but if it's in chrome and the body color is dark, it doesn't look nearly as good.

its CHROME...i havent seen a mono-chrome option...YET

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
If the grille is painted the same color as the body, the '08 front end looks pretty damn good, but if it's in chrome and the body color is dark, it doesn't look nearly as good.

sorry bout that. i forgot to take a front end view pic.

on the lariat package, the grill is chrome.

on the XLT, XLT sport, and the FX4 packages, the grill is color matched to the color of the body.

on the FX4 package, the outer part of the grill is color matched, while the inner part of the grill is a deep charcoal grey color, and has "billit" look to it (several horizontal bars, instead of only 3 or 4, like the lariat grill.

the FX4 also has the ford fender flares, and they are the same color as the inner part of the grill. the truck's color is black. not sure what colors are available on the FX4 package.

i know all this because the salesman gave this big ole huge brochure that details all the options available on every package.

correction: the XLT is just a black grill

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58