Just saw my first 2008 in person

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped at a Ford dealer here in the RGV today and all they had was F-250's so I didn't get out of my truck. I could tell they didn't have any thing near as good looking as my 06. LOL

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I think they looked pretty cool. I saw a couple at the auto show in DC last month. They wouldnt let anyone sit in them though....-mad But I did get to sit in an 07 F-150 KR and damn I love those saddle leather seats!!

fordtrucknut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just sat in my first 2008 today! It was a white F350 CC short box Lariat, nav, moonroof, every possible option, 55k. What a beautiful truck / very quiet. The dealer told me his mechanics had to go away to classes for 3 days straight, for a majority of engine work, the body must be lifted up. The wheels on this truck were awesome. They also had a pair of King Ranches 350 and a 450 57k/63k

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove one yesterday! Trust me, go drive one! The turning radius is amazing. (Does not take a city block like mine :roflmao ). Engine has smooth power, no turbo singing unfortunately. I love the interior. Feels like your in a Stealth. The step and handle are really more beefy than the pictures allow. I really enjoyed driving it, but, I'm definitely not ready to be a guinnea pig again. I'll wait a while.

However,,,,,,,,,,

If I drive by and they ever have a TOREADOR RED F450, I might be in trouble....:eek:

Barrett

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man that front end is gorgeous! i dont know how anyone doesnt like it...and the one f-450 my dealer has, has the sticker, but no price....

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the price is varyin from region to region, which is weird. our 350 single wheel king ranches are bout $1000 more than the 07 350 kr. im not real sure how this is all working.

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a F-350 Lariat (almost fully loaded $52,000) CC LWB Dually Monday and man that thing is quiet. From cranking it up to 4000 RPM you can't really hear anything from the engine with the windows up or down. Nothing like my 7.3. Interior was very "clean" to me. As stated before I did not like all of the push button controls for the AC, heat and such. To much of a chance at hitting the wrong button especially with gloves on.

As far as the engine compartment there is no room for anything. The salesman told me that the cab has 4 quick disconnect bolts and 4 "real" bolts holding it to the frame for easy removal when maintenance is needed. He said that it is actually cheaper to work on the engine with the cab off rather than on and that it would cut the labor time in half on most work.

Also, the salesman told me (believe it or not) that towards the end of the year (August or September) there is a possibility FoMoCo is going to put the center shift consoles (like the new F-150's) in the superduties.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58