Kamatsu WA450

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Carnage

You wanted it here it is, more photo's. Sorry it took so long been busy trying not to murder my parts guy, thought I had a head for it laying around but it won't support the 290 horse that I'm overhauling. So off to the machine shop for a face lift. As for the reasons of this engine destructing itself I know one thing, NEGLECT!!!!!!! Work it work it work it and then when it breaks get pissed off because you didn't service it.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Aww a quick ring job and it should be good to go. Oh maybe weld that sleeve together too:lmao

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I would hazard a guess that the injector stuck first, melted piston, then burned a bunch of oil...

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Ouch

Yea the operator got fired alright, he probably got a raise for crying out loud! As for the rest of the repairs now the cam is no good:eek:, checked the lift duration on the injector, exhaust, intake and they failed to meet spec, cam bushings have seen better days too. Well this is the price you pay for playing with the big toys. He got a quote from the local Komatsu dealer and it was over $20,000:dizzy for a reman L10, I'll be finished at around $6,500 for parts and however many hours of labor it takes.......

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
If that was my piece of equipment he would have been fired on the spot and buying me a pair of size 12 work boots and then off to the hospital to have my old boots removed from his hind end. I really dont understand how some one can neglect a piece of equipment like that.:rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14