KING RANCH OWNERS - I called King Ranch -

NVCowboy

NVCowboy
Reaction score
I would not use any boot products that have a Petroleum Base. I remember a Harley rider came into the western store I was working at a number of years ago looking for a non petroleum based leather conditioner. At the time Sheplers was selling "Properts" boot conditioner. Smell it and you coud detect a faint smell of the petroleum in spite of all the stuff added to make it smell good. Properts is not sold under its own lable much anymore. Now its under the house brand. I have purchased "Sheplers," "Boot Barn," etc, Its all the same.

As for my saddles go, I use all kinds of crazy **** on them, so I know that if I ever win the lottery and am able to afford to retrofit my 7.3 with '04 King Ranch Seats and a rubber floor mat, I am going to have to do some research.

:cowboy:

Finn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen
I use MINK OIL for my seats, boots, Harleys saddle bags and seat.
No conditioners or other " non natural" stuff like silicone. Just lay a proper amount of mink oil and let it soak, then clean it with clean cotton, so that you get the exess amount of oil off from the seats.
No cracks or color loss. My HD saddle bags are about 8 years old and been in in bad weathers and still like new.

Jukka from Finland

Tnegg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So why not use the KingRanch products? I've used their conditioner on my previous KingRanch and never had any problems with fade or drying. In your owners manual it tells you all about the condiitoning of the seats and how often. The KingRanch conditioner is more expensive, but goes a long ways. Summer is not really any worse than the winter. One thing that KingRanch will tell you is that BlueJeans are the worst/hardest things on your seats. It pulls the oils out and rubs the seat like sandpaper(what they told me).

In the end...If you can afford the KingRanch you should be able to afford the $10 conditioner bottle. :D

torquet

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how about Neetsfoot oil? works good on jackets and boots.

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
Neetsfoot oil, Lexol, and mink oil will darken leathers to a chocolate brown. Even the "Non-Darkening" products darken leathers. I have used all of them for many years on leather boots, saddles, clothing, etc. The best product I have found to use on delicate leather to condition, protect, and repel water is Bick 4 made by Bickmore. It is a cream in a black bottle that you can get at most boot stores and saddle shops. This is the only conditioner I have used that does not darken leather. When first applied, the leather will darken because it is moist, and as the conditioner is drawn in the leather will return to it's previous color. Apply as much as the leather will absorb in light coats, and once dry, buff with a soft cotton cloth. Presto! Clean, conditioned, protected seats that are the same color you started with.

97CREWCABPSD

Smoke What Smoke Officer?
Reaction score
im with tnegg if you can afford a 50,000 dollar truck dont you think you should be able to afford the right products to take care of it. i mean you dont run 10/30 penzoil in the motor just because its cheaper do you.
just my .02

Reaction score
RE: The King Ranch Conditioner -

Well - I can afford the King Ranch Truck and as luck would have it - also the $9.50 a bottle conditioner. Matter of fact I had 10 bottles ordered and in hand before my truck was even delivered. I have gone through 20 bottles total. (two orders of ten each)

Sad to say though - just wasn't or isn't enough for my truck. Sure my rear seats look brand new - but the sun rarely hits them. The drivers seat does not look bad - heck it's wearing in to an old baseball mitt style and I like it. But it gets a lot of use with my fat ass sitting in it. The passenger seat though is pitiful. That sucker is four different shades of brown. And King Ranch Conditioner just could not do a thing for it. Then again I did not apply it daily - only weekly.

Sooo - I will try whatever I can until I can get them to look acceptable. I don't mind the dark leather - I like the dark leather look. I like the worn out leather look - dont want a damaged worn out leather look though.

And who knows - in another year or two I may just buy new KR covers for the fronts and give it another shot from start.

But - even though that passenger seat may look like crap at the moment - I wouldn't trade these seats for anything :sweet

Ron

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Would've been nice to see a King Ranch Excursion for 2006. Heck, it would've been nice to see an Excursion for 2006. If I ever become insanely wealthy I told my wife I'm converting the X to a King Ranch edition. As usual, she just sighed...

Tnegg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I figured I would get tagged for that! I do agree that the bottle doesn't go very far, but have found that you have to experiment with rags. If you use something that soaks up the conditioner the bottle won't last long. I use the MicroFiber towels that you can get at any AutoZone. They are thin enough that what it does soak up still goes down on the seat for longer applicaton. I also found that the more often you apply the less it takes each time. I would say 2 bottles for good coverage and with good maintenance the next bottle will last over the year.

My wife is test driving a '06 King Ranch Expedition but will hold out for the '07...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58