Knee Being Replaced Tomorrow

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Good luck Jim. I hope it turns out well.... post back when you get back on your feet again to let us know how things went for you.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Good luck with the surgery and new knees!

What's the mileage rating on them these days? :roflmao I know the older ones were like 12 years or something.

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Luck Jimmy! I've been lucky in life to have never had anything worse then a broken nose (3 times) and fingers. I can't imagine what major surgery like that is like.

Have a good one,
Dave

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Good luck with the surgery and new knees!

What's the mileage rating on them these days? :roflmao I know the older ones were like 12 years or something.
I'm told 25 years and then the plastic part between the Titanium parts can be changed with a lesser surgery. If I get 25 years, I'll feel really blessed because that will take me to 86. :thumbs
Jim

y2kpsd

Member #11
Reaction score
JimmyDee said:
With the latest Titanium and plastic resurfacing equipment. I guess these cause an automatic pull over when trying to get through the line to board an airplane.
Jim
JimmyDee said:
I've done about 4 weeks of it on the first and it is doable. You are 100% correct though, I've heard some bad outcomes from the ones that don't do what they are told to do.
Don't make since to me to go through the surgery and then not bite the bullet for a few weeks to assure a good outcome.
Jim
Jim,
You are correct on both counts. A lot of medical implants and artificial parts will indeed prohibit you from getting through a metal detector but your doctor can give you an ID card identifying you as a recipient of said parts or implants. I've got several ID cards because I light up the metal detector like a Las Vegas slot machine.
Myself, having had 14 operations and about to have number 15 in the next couple of weeks, have always considered physical therapy as part of the surgical procedure.
It is absolutely amazing what modern medicine can do today. Although it's still surgery, I'm sure you're more comfortable knowing what to expect, having been through it once before. I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.

Gar
Y2KPSD

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Well #2 is done and feeling great and doing well. Sure is good to be home and having my computer.
Jim

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
JimmyDee said:
Well #2 is done and feeling great and doing well. Sure is good to be home and having my computer.
Jim

Glad it went well! But sorry you had to go through some keyboard withdrawals for the new knee. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg