Lack of power

bigmike33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reversing my trailer into a campsite when my front left tire got wedged on a tree stump. I stopped and reversed again but the truck did not have the power to go over it. It lacked power when it was wedged behind the stump. I went forward a bit and then reversed and with a running start i easily went over it but this concerns me. I noticed it again today when i was going over a sidewalk curb from stop. I run 33 inch Toyo open country tires. Any ideas

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe you just got into a situation where your truck.. or ANY truck.. met more resistance than ANY torque converter would/could handle.

Trailor weight behind, front tire wedged on a stump= No Can Do :dunno

Last edited:

bigmike33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I think I should have been able to go over the stump. I wonder if it is the torque converter?:confused:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. This was a cold start, first in the morning, and was trying to back out.... was going very slowly and the road is new paved, and there is a lip. i was moving at a crawl and it stopped at the edge. Pushed the go-pedal and no-go. I rolled forward and the had a little momentum and it was just fine... I think it was a cold engine, to big of a lip, to slow moment. These trucks have alot of power, but sometimes there are just a few small things that can cause a problem like this. I would not really worry about it, if everythings else seems fine and the trans fluid is clean and not burnt, I think it was a case of you just being "stuck". Heavy truck, heavy trailer, big bump.....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ive had similar situations, cold start and no guts or if your up against a curb (or stump in this case) and you cant spool that turbo, you aint going anywhere.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Ive had similar situations, cold start and no guts or if your up against a curb (or stump in this case) and you cant spool that turbo, you aint going anywhere.

It's that lagging turbo again! I agree. It is just darn embarrassing on occasion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14