Larger Exhaust and noise

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
I am looking for personal experiences with adding a 4" exhaust systems and the increase in the noise in the cab on a 6.0. I am looking at keeping the cat, and running the rest of the system.

Who is the best, and who is the quietest.

can you get the best quality, freeflowing, and quit system in one package?

:thanks

Max Power

Reaction score
I just installed a MBRP 4" on my duramax and I removed the cat. There is VERY little extra noise in the cab. I installed the muffler in the direction that reduces noise (opposite of their directions) and at cruising speeds you do not notice any extra noise at all.

In my opinion if you keep your cat you won't notice any difference in the cab. Personally I think getting rid of the cat is the most important part of the upgrade.

6ltrMike

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I love my 4inch exhaust!!!

It has been the best thing that I have put on it yet. I kept the cat on mine but plan on taking it off after warranty expires. The turbo whistle is awesome. it also gives it a deep throaty sound. I suggest putting on exhaust you wont be dissatisfied :thumbs

Reaction score
I don't think that you will notice any noise level in the cab over what you have now. I have the Silverline cat back system and unless I put the windows down - it's not noticed.

Ron

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
I am looking for personal experiences with adding a 4" exhaust systems and the increase in the noise in the cab on a 6.0. I am looking at keeping the cat, and running the rest of the system.

the quietest???? It's a diesel for pete's sake! Try running some super swampers, you'll never hear the engine! :roflmao

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:

Come take a ride in mine. I guarantee you won't want yours quiet! :thumbs

DPPI, (MBRP now), Duals, no Cat, 03 Turbo! :sweet

(However, if you have to have it quiet, MBRP, with the cat, you won't notice a lot of difference with your 05 Turbo).

Barrett

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:

I have a Silverline T-304 stainless steel 4" on mine. I could not tell you if it is louder then the stock - I could not tell. Mine is cat back and has a free flowing muffler. See pics below.

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
Killing the kitty caused our coolant to run over on 3 trucks. CPR on kitty and MBRP DUALS got us better down low response .No drone around that dreaded 2200rpm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58